The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-07 21:50:18

GasManPete

Door handle issues

Hello everyone,
Newbie on here & 1st post, hope someone can help! I've got a 65 plate Proace (yeah, it says Toyota on the back but it's basically a rebadged Dispatch, built in the same factory in France!) I've got an issue with one of the side door handles. It opens fine from the inside but not outside. I stripped the panels off & got my hand up between the door skins. The cable that operates the lock is still connected to the outer handle but the thing that holds the cable end in position (yellow plastic thing with a hook thing on it) has come adrift. I've no idea how it's meant to go back together as I can't really see up there. The inner handle assy is riveted on so I'm nervous about drilling it out to get better access.
Has anyone had a similar problem, and more to the point, been able to fix it?
Thanks in anticipation, Pete

#2 2019-01-08 02:02:30

Casper

Re: Door handle issues

Dono about your van but mine if i have the catch on the door frame adjusted to tight the door will only open using the inside handle as this pulls the latch further than your handle can allowing the door to release.

#3 2019-01-08 02:40:35

vaz2121

I know it's a proace but  sign up with Citroen service box as an independent  service agent .......... I had a look and there are diagrams etc showing door handles cables & locks etc and how it's laid out on door...........if it's of any use/help..... I'd copy and paste a link here but I don't think you'll see it/contents unless your regestered....

B****X............ I'll post link anyway

http://service.citroen.com/docapvAP/aff … ct=FCT0137

Last edited by vaz2121 (2019-01-08 02:50:58)

#4 2019-01-12 22:06:01

GasManPete

Appreciate the effort Vaz but the link's not displaying owt. No-one's adjusted owt either Casper.

Board footer