The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-20 02:50:38

Marko

Total power loss

Hi I was fitting a new stereo today and shorted a wire this resulted in a total power loss of everything I have no dash lights nothing works and engine won't start I have checked all fuses under the bonnet but all seems ok have tested the battery and it has full power but I just don't have any power supply to anything does anyone have any suggestions I am getting power to the main fuse under the bonnet but nothing else

Can anyone help
Thanks Mark

#2 2019-01-20 14:21:44

OAT

Re: Total power loss

I am really out of touch with modern vehicle electrics myself.  But I did have a modern Yamaha scooter with everything cpu controlled.  After it was stolen and wires cut etc with them trying to start it, it was totally dead until someone "reset" the controler.

Sorry I have no idea how they did it.

It also switched off all electrics and required resetting if the bike were ever tipped on it's side.

#3 2019-01-22 03:06:36

vaz2121

Re: Total power loss

IMHO ..... Sounds like O A T is not far of the mark.....Seems possibly that there is more than one fuse box or maybe an inline fuse to stop the ECU from getting spiked from just such an occasion that you describe..............

Sorry ...  I too am not so au fait with modernish tech.......... I'm something of a luddite with this sort off thing

Board footer