The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-27 12:19:22

Ricko

Radio steering wheel controls

Hi, I've not got the original radio and am fiddling about fitting another. Is there any way that I could have my steering wheel controls working with it??
Cheers

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#2 2019-01-27 15:12:39

tee_cee

Re: Radio steering wheel controls

Ricko wrote:

Hi, I've not got the original radio and am fiddling about fitting another. Is there any way that I could have my steering wheel controls working with it??
Cheers

Yes, you will need 2 adapters
The first is to allow you to connect the original leads to the new radio ISO connections - search for PC99-X15
The second is a manufacturer specific lead for the radio eg PC99-SON, PC99-PIO, PC99-KEN for Sony, Pioneer & Kenwood.

The thing to watch out for is sometimes the switched and live wires (red and yellow) are the wrong way round on the adapter, so the radio forgets its settings every time - easy to swap over if that is the case.

Did this on my van, however the stalk control has a short which means that the volume goes up to 100% evertime I switch the radio on. Disconcected now, and too much bother to take the steering wheel off to fix.

#3 2019-01-27 18:22:52

Ricko

I fitted a JVC that had an ISO connector so that matched up to the van connector and seems to work a treat.
The radio had a single loose wire that was labelled for the steering wheel control.
On the van there appeared to be a green block connector and a yellow block connector both had very few wires from the back of them. Is this where the adaptor lead connects to??

#4 2019-01-27 20:35:41

tee_cee

Ricko wrote:

I fitted a JVC that had an ISO connector so that matched up to the van connector and seems to work a treat.
The radio had a single loose wire that was labelled for the steering wheel control.
On the van there appeared to be a green block connector and a yellow block connector both had very few wires from the back of them. Is this where the adaptor lead connects to??

If you look at the PC99-X15 adapter it has a little black box as well as the ISO connectors. The PC99-JVC adapter has a small jack that fits into the back oof the radio and a single wire that connects to the steering wheel control. The adapter then plugs into the black box  (8? way connector)

Last edited by tee_cee (2019-01-27 20:40:32)

#5 2019-01-27 20:49:08

Ricko

Thanks for all that.
I'm not sure whether it's worth the expense of doing it but I really appreciate your advice as I had no idea how to do it.
Cheers

Board footer