The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-02 16:47:03

Eileen2006

Hi from Suffolk Newbie

A quick intro guys from David in rural Suffolk - rural and chilly Suffolk atm smile

I acquired a Peugeot Expert 1.9D 2006 last summer with wheelchair conversion so I can ferry my, soon to be 90 year old, mother about. To say the Expert is a learning experience is an understatement lol. I've owned Saab 9000's for the past 20 odd years so this is a bit different lol!

I'm hoping as time goes on, I will be able to make a useful contribution to the forum. For now though its about getting familiar with the vehicle and sorting out the bits and pieces that weren't right when we bought it. I'm sure this forum will help greatly. I've already downloaded the workshop manuals uploaded by Tiree/Monkeynut - cheers guys

Peugeot Expert 1.9D 2006 wheelchair conversion

#2 2019-02-02 17:12:39

kenbw2

Re: Hi from Suffolk Newbie

Eileen2006 wrote:

For now though its about getting familiar with the vehicle and sorting out the bits and pieces that weren't right when we bought it.

I'd be interested to see how you faired on the old bingo card.

- Spinning locks
- Side doors not closing properly
- Temp slider not working

Anything else?

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#3 2019-02-02 18:27:13

Eileen2006

Re: Hi from Suffolk Newbie

kenbw2 wrote:
Eileen2006 wrote:

For now though its about getting familiar with the vehicle and sorting out the bits and pieces that weren't right when we bought it.

I'd be interested to see how you faired on the old bingo card.

- Spinning locks
- Side doors not closing properly
- Temp slider not working

Anything else?

Thankfully no spinning locks, door closure or temp slider issues. The nearside sliding door central locking doesn't work but I assume that just needs a replacement solenoid. There are various fixing screws missing from the lower dashboard on the drivers side, and the air filter housing bracket in the engine bay. I discovered 2 of the 4 gearbox mount bolts were loose so hastily sorted that out. Also the wheelchair passenger seat belt spring mechanism needed a rebuild after 'exploding'.
My brother has a 54 plate 1.9D Dispatch and we've been swapping notes smile His engine breather pipes are plumbed in differently from mine. Not sure if one or other of the vehicles is plumbed wrongly.
The other thing I would like to figure out is how to operate the heated rear screen elements. The rear screens appear to be wired in but there is no switch on the dash where it should be according to the handbook, next to the hazard warning switch. roll Being as the van has been converted, I've no idea if the rear screens were there from new or were added as part of the conversion.

Peugeot Expert 1.9D 2006 wheelchair conversion

Board footer