The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-25 01:08:09

richj2019

Hi and help...lol possible head gasket?

Hi all new to the forums just picked up a 2004 Peugeot expert 2.0 8v hdi (rhz engine) but its got few problems lol
firstly after driving home there was steam coming from the expansion bottle and leaked the water out when i stopped the engine so i removed the thermostat thought looked bit old and sticky
bought a new one ran engine up to bleed system up everything was good till i put the cap back on lol then the water level drops under the min mark
and the radiator pipes become solid after few mins but when i open the cap (slowly) and release the pressure water level returns to normal
there is no overheating issues when i drove it home sat around 70c and none when leaving the van running with the cap off
no oil/water mixing either
am i right in saying its a combustion leak to coolant or has anybody had same issue?

thanks rich.

#2 2019-02-25 08:57:29

vaz2121

Re: Hi and help...lol possible head gasket?

Hi.....Welcome...... Yip...... Sorry ..............Your prognosis sounds fairly accurate to me.............

You could do a "Head Gasket Fluid Test" to confirm ............ FWIR.......Turns Green if it's a Diesel and P**sy Yellow if petrol gasses are present................

Here's a link if it Helps and should give you an idea of what I mean.........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Combusti … 0005.m1851

Board footer