The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-04 14:01:34

vaz2121

Freya Effects

It's probably getting very close to a year if it's not been since my partner and I used the van in anger together as intended beause of one thing and another (health issues .... treatments ... life ETC)........... it stood for the best part of that year doing next to nothing but aquiring ailments like ourselves.......... When It did get used i.e. Clutch problem.... Binnicle issues...... and other incidentals arose ................. That Ive since been addressing..................

I anounced to great excitement on my part that this weekend I was getting the bedding ETC dragged out and finaly going for a quick couple nights out in van for a change........... First off on Saturday afternoon/eavening we battled the wind etc ...........Up the A75 to Stranraer....... we stopped at a spot I used regularly in the day waiting for my trailer in on the Morning Irish boat

This left us a little exposed to what came along Loch Ryan............
We then on Sunday which started off looking promising .......... Headed north eventualy reaching Girvan and then onto and past Trump Turnberry to say a very brief hello to a relitive of my partner    (This is Area where She was born ....  we both lived in this area once upon a time and were we met Approx 37yrs ago)........... we then again headed North past without stopping at the electric brae (got and worn out that Tea-shirt)  eventually to arrive in Ayr , park up on a parallel street to the Court house ................
This Allowing us to frequent our Fav Cafe/Fish N Chip Shop ............ (As I was Married into the Italian Chip shop ExPat thing in D&G (23yrs) I tend to go outwith for my chips)

After our Fish N chips we went nextdoor for an ice-cream (I know :8 )

It Was Now getting chilly we thought and So we again headed North towards Prestwick Via the Ayr Racecourse to check fuel prices at Tesco While heading for ASDA.............

Mishap 1 ............. I took the wrong exit off roundabout obviously thinking I was making a delivery as per norm.....
   "      2........... Pumps at first accepted card payment and then canceled transaction  So after a few frustrating attempt another card fuel attained we decided as rain was now getting heavier we would head towards home and see what's what.................

Cut a longish storey shorter it Rained and Snowed And More Flooding (i.e. more puddles and others must have got deeper).......................
Monday: It's barley into the afternoon and Ive now discovered another casualty.............

I'm making assumptions here that when the subframe was dropped for access to clutch wheelarch liners are unclipped to allow better access to g/box especialy on N/S...................So those puddles/Floods/Standing water I didn't see in the dark on the A76 South and entered at 45/50mph to quite a splash....... I appear to have lost Half a wheelarch liner/Splashguard

I think my Horn is full of water (spotlight blank in bumper is also missing)

#2 2019-03-04 22:13:56

cliffo

Re: Freya Effects

Ouch, that reminds me, I need to put my wheelarch liners back. Think I'm going to need to put a few self tappers in place to hold them as I don't think I have any of the original fittings

#3 2019-03-05 01:29:43

vaz2121

cliffo wrote:

Ouch, that reminds me, I need to put my wheelarch liners back. Think I'm going to need to put a few self tappers in place to hold them as I don't think I have any of the original fittings

Ive ordered a pack (10?) of those plastic stud things for fitting a wheel arch liner off eBa* thinking bish bosh

For some peculiar reason the facelift version of the MK1 has a slightly different shape liner over non facelift................ It has a bit that covers under where horn is and seems to locate into bumper under where spot/fog light would be that earlier vans don't seem to have................... Don't know if thats reasoning behind this (keep rear of light from water)...................

(It wasn't the usual garage that put clutch in for me)
Anyway I'm pressuming this would be lossened/removed for access during subframe  being droped to get box out............ On reasembly those shi*** clips if all survived ,Used along with zip ties probably and it would only take an edge to be hanging down or not located properly to catch the force of water and rip it off.........

So far today Ive been offered two N/S splash guards but both for non facelift vans................ the only one I got offered for a facelift version was for the O/S and was twice the price of others.......... Although local breakers list having these vans in, Tell me they don't have arch liners available for it...... (Probably broke them getting a wing off or something)

(My fog light blanker has been missing for at least a year)

I wonder if a prefacelift version would work/fit, Not having spot lights in bumper..............
Bad enough getting wet in there, I'm not really wanting it to start accumulating a pile of *hi** in and around there......................

#4 2019-03-08 12:11:40

vaz2121

I've now managed to locate a arch liner for my van (New) for some peculiar reason I couldn't locate a N/S "splash-guard" for this side ........... I posted a request on 1stchoice spares and usually get a good response if sometimes pricey.......... But this time just 1 or 2 and IMHO just pricey.............. Anyway I've now located a new one for half the price quoted and even with postage I'm still saving............ Down side it's coming from Germany............. I've noticed this a few times before ........... Tyres that I've bought from I.E. Mytyres.co.uk come from Germany and when I needed an exhaust for my Vauxhall Omega at the time(2008).... £300+ from dealer (discounted allegedly on trade club)........... £200 approx at best elsewhere, all just supply and fit yourself (£80approx fitting IIRC)....... Yet £128.00 with fitting kit delivered from Germany........... How?............. (Ironicly it came direct from a factory which I'd delivered too on a couple of occasions, which was located Very near the old E. German border) And it was still on the car when it Sold to someone in Aberdeen middle of last year.. (Friend of mine had it and sold it on then)............. Lasting longer than the original GM one!

Another thing ..... Why is it over night out of Germany to Uk .... But 4 days at least for the last 200 miles?
Am I missing somthing these days.......... I was round tripping Germany in a week......... when I was doing Ford Saarlouis -Halewood in the late 80's ...... I had to average 3 round trips a fortnight..... ?? and I didn't feel under pressure

Sorry Ranting again

Board footer