The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-06 16:07:19

Skippy

Airbag Light on permanently. Dispatch Jumpy french 2005

smile Hello thanks for the forum

I have a 2005 french jumpy (dispatch) with an airbag light on permanently.

I cant see any wires or sensors at all underneath the seat. I want to check r breaks in wiring Any clues?

Also I cant see if it has an airbag on the passenger side. if so it is not on the dashboard. I don't think its in the side by the steering column.

I'm going to redo the main lighting earth by the back door anyway but if anyone has any other earthy suggestion ....

#2 2019-04-06 16:42:41

Casper

Re: Airbag Light on permanently. Dispatch Jumpy french 2005

Have you only got one in the steering? Probably the clock/ring or wiring to it. When i had my 306 this was the issue what is almost identical setup

s-l300.jpg

#3 2019-04-06 17:02:25

Skippy

I will have a look at that thanks @Casper. I've noticed some other mentions of it.
Yes it seems like only one. I cant find another (but then I dont want two if one causes this much grief!)
I will report on the solution if I find it.

In the meantime folks having the same issues - dont panic. Its PURE TREACLE ELECTRICKERY.
someone somewhere has a solution...and, breath....

Last edited by Skippy (2019-04-06 17:03:52)

#4 2019-04-07 23:22:04

vaz2121

Skippy wrote:

smile Hello thanks for the forum

I have a 2005 french jumpy (dispatch) with an airbag light on permanently.

I cant see any wires or sensors at all underneath the seat. I want to check r breaks in wiring Any clues?

Also I cant see if it has an airbag on the passenger side. if so it is not on the dashboard. I don't think its in the side by the steering column.

I'm going to redo the main lighting earth by the back door anyway but if anyone has any other earthy suggestion ....

Our van 2005 Dispatch... Drivers airbag only and NO wires plugs under seats as I've had them out

On Right hand drive Dispatch (Jumpy) down on the left of divers seat .... so would be under double seat if you have one (I have the single option so between seats)

There is on mine anyway a slightly raised square section ....... In the rubbertype flooring (Towards rear of it).............
Thats where  my airbag module is and I'm lead to believe where all MK1 versions of this van have it located........
I had this section of rubber flooring up on my van couple years ago now on my van as we had scrubbed up our carpet the Summer/Autum previous and we figured we'd soaked our insulation with our wet vac carpet/furniture washer thing......
Sure enough the insulating stuff was damp and I found Moisture in the airbag module recess ..... Dried it out and it was still dry about a fortnight or a month later when checked before refitting seats...........................

However it has occured to me since then could it be us with wet feet eventually causing this condition ......... And of course I've seen those Youtube vids using a resistor to switch of airbag light in a Berlingo.................

#5 2019-04-08 16:35:32

kenbw2

Yea I have that raised section under the seat in both my vans, with the airbag (and I think seat belt tensioner thing) module in it

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Upcoming Camper
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Camper Conversion + full time home
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Board footer