The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-11 23:53:22

vaz2121

All's well in the World again?

Totaly off topic of vans

I've also got a 2010 Zafira was told I had a brake light bulb out so changed it at fisrt I thought that's weird the side and brake share the same contact/position .........
Someone has put wrong bulb in as it's a single filament and other side as expected had a double filament ..........   
I was at the time........ informed that both side and brake light ran off a single filament controled by the  BSI (body control module)............

So the double filament on the other side was wrong even though it worked perfectly and was subsequently changed (I had a devil of a job removing it with the offset pegs)..........
As I can't press pedal and see brake lights at same time .......I plugged my laptop in did the output tests .....All working as one would expect....... Happy days.............
that was several months ago........

Fast forward to 10 days ago............ It was recalled again for the heater fan switch (famous for setting them on fire) and low and behold they told me the brake light bulb's blown again.....
But wait a minute The side light works OK............ AH HA.......... bad earth................NO..........It's flagging up unknown codes..........But we found them
BSI is built into fuse box and as there was a fault the Contol computer shut off power to Circuit ...............
But the brake lights work fine on output test.........

Cut to the punchline........
Seems I've had a faulty BSI since christmas probably or before............
So One new fusebox and £648.60 later  before discounts all is apparently well in the world again .......... 

It'll can go for MOT now shortly..........

I did make sure it was working and That I have 12 months parts and labour warranty

Board footer