The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-30 15:17:11

ginger chips

citroen dispatch side door lock problems

both side sliding doors are not closing properly,they shut but no lock activated so just slide open again.I have taken off the plastic trim cover inside to expose the workings but cannot see anything broken or missing.any help please..ian

#2 2019-06-30 16:23:25

steve the grease

Re: citroen dispatch side door lock problems

So are you saying that they don't lock on the central locking , or that they won't lock even if you operate the little pawl inside the door. One would probably be an electrical fault, the other an issue with the actual lock mechanism.

#3 2019-06-30 18:54:30

Casper

If its the central locking issue the fire from the motor has the cheapest little shitty clip money could buy holding it in place. They break easy preventing the bar to move and lock the doors.

#4 2019-06-30 19:49:17

ginger chips

no they are not locking by the key or the little switch/lever inside up and down action.they slide fine back and forward just don't close and stay closed?

#5 2019-06-30 20:43:13

Casper

Are you sure your door is open but the lock in the locked position this will prevent it closing that or your catch on the pillar had dropped. Would be an odd coincidence that its both though.

#6 2019-06-30 22:03:28

ginger chips

yes its very strange as they are both doing the same, its as if they are not quite closings thought something was trapped in the door.Flicking the locking lever from inside whilst holding the door closed doesn't do it either, nor turning the key with door held in place with handle from outside.
It is like the catch at the back isn't moving down when it hits the peg/catch part?
The little pin on the door is locating into the little black rubber grommets on the door pillar are lining up ok.

#7 2019-06-30 23:22:53

vaz2121

I'm wondering if the strikers have been badly adjusted and are needing refeteled............ As it's both

I assume both doors were closed when you got the van and were they hard to open?

What I mean is.... If striker is adjusted to far in the rear of sliding door has to far to travel inwards to activate door lock and same is said when opening it's so far in it hasn't spung enough to allow door to slide open easily................

#8 2019-06-30 23:24:22

Casper

The lock mechanism you should be able to dick about with a screwdriver to make site its working. Use screwdriver as if it was the latch on the pillar. If OK it must be an alignment issue

#9 2019-07-01 14:25:40

ginger chips

been out to it again this morning,niether of the lock switches have no effect, yes one door (drivers side) was stuck shut when i bought the van the other seemed ok till if flew open as i was driving it home.Ive looked at the striker plate and catch at the back of the door and again neither seem to have been messed with.I will have another mess around later, it is very midgey at the moment so not battling against them just now.but thank you for your help so far fellas.ian

#10 2019-07-01 15:46:27

kenbw2
Administrator

ginger chips wrote:

the other seemed ok till if flew open as i was driving it home.

Holy crap, that was my greatest fear when mine started coming away: https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … php?id=524

Did it stay on okay? I was paranoid about the wind ripping the door off.

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#11 2019-07-03 14:54:25

ginger chips

Been back to it again this morning,slackend off the torx screws on the stricker plates fitted to the side of the van both sides, moved them out as far as possible 3/4mm by the looks of it, slide doors back...nothing still not catching? bizarre, I am seriously looking into bungy cord to hold them shut know-nothing seems to have moved, broken or dropped off so I am at a dead end.any other suggestions, also when replacing starter motor one of the bolts sheared, I am told they are obsolete? anyone have any spares for sale please.ian

Last edited by ginger chips (2019-07-03 14:59:41)

#12 2019-07-03 23:25:40

kenbw2
Administrator

If my obsolete you mean the starter motor, Euro Car Parts seems to sell them: https://www.eurocarparts.com/starter-motor

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#13 2019-07-03 23:52:42

OAT

ginger chips wrote:

Been back to it again this morning,slackend off the torx screws on the stricker plates fitted to the side of the van both sides, moved them out as far as possible 3/4mm by the looks of it, slide doors back...nothing still not catching? bizarre, I am seriously looking into bungy cord to hold them shut know-nothing seems to have moved, broken or dropped off so I am at a dead end.any other suggestions, also when replacing starter motor one of the bolts sheared, I am told they are obsolete? anyone have any spares for sale please.ian

I think Casper has had as much success as anyone adjusting side doors.  There is a thread on it somewhere but I think it involved a lot of trial and error.

Bolts obsolete!

Nothing surprises me these days.  wink  File them away with points,  condensers and distributors.   OK they were prone to failure,  but they where easily and cheaply fixable.

Your best bet to find these rare  parts for your appreciating classic  might be a scrapyard.  If there still is one near you.

#14 2019-07-04 10:29:43

vaz2121

ginger chips wrote:

Starting to sound like the door locks (Switches) themselves are jiggered ...........
Try locking them off with a screwdriver as Casper suggested ............
Maybe a good soaking in maintainance fluid might loosen them fully off ............ clean the crap out ...........
Or as O A T said raid the scrappies for bits ..................

#15 2019-07-04 10:30:50

ginger chips

any links to the thread about the side doors? yes its the starter motor bolts that are now obsolete apparently,

#16 2019-07-04 12:41:16

OAT

ginger chips wrote:

any links to the thread about the side doors? yes its the starter motor bolts that are now obsolete apparently,

This one has quite a few posts. 

No magic fix though.  If you search "sliding doors" will find a few more threads.

Board footer