The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-26 14:28:58

JayB

Ignition Barrel

Hi chaps, I wondered whether anyone can help me?

At the weekend the key got stuck in the ignition barrel and refused to budge - the van started but the steering lock wouldn't come off, which meant I had to get recovered.

I've noticed there's ignition barrels on eBay for around £20 that come with keys - was just going to buy one and have a stab at replacing it myself but thought I'd ask here and see if anyone has done this job before?

It's a 2005 Peugeot Expert.

Last edited by JayB (2019-06-26 14:31:54)

#2 2019-06-26 15:56:27

tee_cee

Re: Ignition Barrel

Worth noting that the transponder chips (and rf remote) can be swapped over between flip keys - but not the normal keys.
If you can't do that then you will need cut a new key and have it programmed to the van

#3 2019-06-26 16:18:50

vaz2121

JayB wrote:

Hi chaps, I wondered whether anyone can help me?

At the weekend the key got stuck in the ignition barrel and refused to budge - the van started but the steering lock wouldn't come off, which meant I had to get recovered.

I've noticed there's ignition barrels on eBay for around £20 that come with keys - was just going to buy one and have a stab at replacing it myself but thought I'd ask here and see if anyone has done this job before?

It's a 2005 Peugeot Expert.

I've never had to do it on one of these vehicles ......... However all the times I've had an ignition barrel dismantled the procedure was much the same ............

Take the column shrouds off so you have access to stering Lock.... you should be able to see a little pin or detent ball that you can push down with a pointy screwdriver or similar
But first.........
Put key in lock and turn to acc or like first position (radio works but not ignition on)...........In this position (ACC) ?
This should allow you too press pin and back out the barrel with the key still inserted obviously and you should now see if it's a lock or barrel kit you need.................. I suspect sreering lock

You get the idea of procedure if I'm not exactly on the button

Because with barrel out in theory you should be able to unlock steering and start vehicle with a flat blade screw driver

#4 2019-07-01 20:38:11

Eileen2006

I've just put a post up about fitting an ignition barrel to our 2006 Expert. Different reason but same procedure

https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … 5248#p5248

The issue I can see you maybe having is unjaming the old lock in order withdraw the barrel.

I would certainly try and repair the original lock. Maybe the steering lock retraction mech is broken. That looks easy to fix using parts from a donor assembly like I got from the breakers.

Hope this helps ......

Peugeot Expert 1.9D 2006 wheelchair conversion

Board footer