The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-30 00:11:15

kenbw2
Member
From: Bradford/Preston/Anywhere
Registered: 2017-11-26
Posts: 376

Stretch Dispatch?

Check out this that I just saw on the French Wikipedia:

800px-Peugeot_Expert_gendarmerie.jpg

WANT!


2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Offline

#2 2019-06-30 00:13:13

kenbw2
Member
From: Bradford/Preston/Anywhere
Registered: 2017-11-26
Posts: 376

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

Also this one without sliding doors

1024px-Peugeot_Expert_white_front.jpg


2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Offline

#3 2019-06-30 05:25:02

Ricko
Member
From: SW Lancs
Registered: 2017-01-18
Posts: 220

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

I'd heard that such things existed!
That top one is the one to have, wonder why they never did a UK version??


2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

Offline

#4 2019-06-30 08:59:19

Casper
Member
From: East Lothian
Registered: 2015-12-20
Posts: 1,305

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

Parked next to me in Holland a couple of years ago

20161001-165358.jpg

Offline

#5 2019-06-30 16:19:16

steve the grease
Member
Registered: 2018-05-20
Posts: 35

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

If you look at the top blue van and the bottom white van, you can see that one has the stretch panel in front of the door, the other behind it, so there are 2 options. Never imported to the Uk as maybe they are ' special build' as quite possibly the stretch vans wouldn't fit on the regular production line and  so are built somewhere else. It's also possible that they don't have the facility to do RHD on the special  production line.  Would love one though.

Last edited by steve the grease (2019-06-30 16:19:57)

Offline

#6 2019-06-30 18:59:12

Casper
Member
From: East Lothian
Registered: 2015-12-20
Posts: 1,305

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

I dare say you can go over to Euro land and buy one then start converting parts over. Steering column may be the hardest part to do unless you are handy with the tools and a welder. Had they been available here (and i bought one) i would have kept my camper and just got the tin opener out to build up another foot or so for better storage.

Offline

#7 2019-07-01 11:32:03

kenbw2
Member
From: Bradford/Preston/Anywhere
Registered: 2017-11-26
Posts: 376

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

I wonder how hard it is to register/insure a LHD vehicle in the UK.

I'd love to have one, but I've just spent months kitting this one out, don't fancy it again!


2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Offline

#8 2019-07-03 12:35:30

Haydenw
Member
Registered: 2016-07-02
Posts: 53

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/citr … ldtidx=13#

For 2,500 Euro  - one could be yours*

*Its located in Spain though....

Offline

#9 2019-07-03 12:40:46

Haydenw
Member
Registered: 2016-07-02
Posts: 53

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

1,950 Euro a little closer to home in Rotterdam

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/citr … ?cldtidx=2

Looks like you have to search for "lang" on the Jumpy's to find the LWB versions.

Offline

#10 2019-07-03 12:54:02

vaz2121
Member
From: SW. Scotland
Registered: 2015-08-31
Posts: 573

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

Haydenw wrote:

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/citr … ldtidx=13#

For 2,500 Euro  - one could be yours*

*Its located in Spain though....

I must be missing something...............

It's Dutch regestered it says at Arno's autos....... The building in background is Marked NL..............

Is it advetised on a Spanish Site also?

(My partners father lives in Spain his little 4x4 came from Germany)

I do prefer the second (silver) one you posted


(They both only have a single sliding door)

Offline

#11 2019-07-03 14:59:43

OAT
Member
From: Borders/Dales
Registered: 2017-01-03
Posts: 316

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

I was quite keen when I first saw them.  Gives you another 400mm floor length and 1 cubic m space.  Not a lot but welcome in a small van.

My only concern would be if the extra length might push it into the next size bracket on ferries?

If we are still welcomed, I hope to be taking mine abroad this autumn.  Ferry costs are high but at least the standard wb is classed the same as a car.

Offline

#12 2019-07-03 23:28:40

kenbw2
Member
From: Bradford/Preston/Anywhere
Registered: 2017-11-26
Posts: 376

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

How weird that it only has one sliding door. I still want one, although not an HDi

Last edited by kenbw2 (2019-07-03 23:28:49)


2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Offline

#13 2019-07-04 10:56:01

vaz2121
Member
From: SW. Scotland
Registered: 2015-08-31
Posts: 573

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

OAT wrote:

I was quite keen when I first saw them.  Gives you another 400mm floor length and 1 cubic m space.  Not a lot but welcome in a small van.

My only concern would be if the extra length might push it into the next size bracket on ferries?

If we are still welcomed, I hope to be taking mine abroad this autumn.  Ferry costs are high but at least the standard wb is classed the same as a car.


Been 18 months for one reason or another since we had van over by..................

But we did just that booked it as a car ...MPV
And where forced or chosen the péage also charged as a car even with our roof box.............

Don't think the extra length would be a problem in the motorhome booking but probably in the car booking .......... IIRC  cars are classed up to 5 maybe 6 meters


P.S.   Not wishing to be Rude ETC  if you already know....... If any member of your party is 60 or over you can check out Newhaven-Dieppe prices and availability on DFDS web site...
Then when you find the sailing best suited to you phone ... it must be the french bookings though and ask for 60+ discount and you should be given 20% off if this landing is suitable for your travels...........

Don't know about the rest or other DFDS sailings but dear say worth a google

Offline

#14 2019-07-04 18:05:46

Ricko
Member
From: SW Lancs
Registered: 2017-01-18
Posts: 220

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

kenbw2 wrote:

How weird that it only has one sliding door. I still want one, although not an HDi

What motor would you go for??


2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

Offline

#15 2019-07-04 18:42:22

kenbw2
Member
From: Bradford/Preston/Anywhere
Registered: 2017-11-26
Posts: 376

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

Ricko wrote:
kenbw2 wrote:

How weird that it only has one sliding door. I still want one, although not an HDi

What motor would you go for??

My signature should be a clue smile

Gotta love that veg oil running, and lack of electronics


2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Offline

#16 2019-07-05 05:56:19

Ricko
Member
From: SW Lancs
Registered: 2017-01-18
Posts: 220

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

kenbw2 wrote:
Ricko wrote:
kenbw2 wrote:

How weird that it only has one sliding door. I still want one, although not an HDi

What motor would you go for??

My signature should be a clue smile

Gotta love that veg oil running, and lack of electronics

Fair play, I had a Cit BX with a n/a XUD and a 405 with a turbo XUD, both were really good motors.


2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

Offline

#17 2019-07-05 16:24:04

vaz2121
Member
From: SW. Scotland
Registered: 2015-08-31
Posts: 573

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

Ricko wrote:

What motor would you go for??

To be fair the 2.0 HDI is not really a bad motor (Far superior than the current offering of 1.6HDI) as long as we can stay away from VV Turbo's...... stick with a "Normal" one and of course avoid the FAP (DPF) for as long as possible.... I'm pretty sure we're lumbered with dual mass fly wheels now...............

These things become an issue over time for one reason or another........ it's not IF but When they give trouble will be Heartache That is true of all mechanicles  those will just arrive much sooner for a given life span

And fair play to kenbw for the use of veg oil HDI's will just not tolerate it and as Ricko has discovered Some decent and not necessarily old or abused Hdi's are  or are starting to suffer some electrical gremlins.........


(This is grumpy old man mode isn't it)

I think I'd need the extra grunt...............

Last edited by vaz2121 (2019-07-05 16:36:49)

Offline

#18 2019-07-12 23:54:40

kenbw2
Member
From: Bradford/Preston/Anywhere
Registered: 2017-11-26
Posts: 376

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

Just seen one in the flesh!

L7jvulG.jpg


2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Offline

#19 2019-07-14 21:02:26

Firemoth
Member
From: Bacup, Lancashire
Registered: 2019-07-05
Posts: 12

Re: Stretch Dispatch?

vaz2121 wrote:
Ricko wrote:

What motor would you go for??

To be fair the 2.0 HDI is not really a bad motor (Far superior than the current offering of 1.6HDI) as long as we can stay away from VV Turbo's...... stick with a "Normal" one and of course avoid the FAP (DPF) for as long as possible.... I'm pretty sure we're lumbered with dual mass fly wheels now...............

These things become an issue over time for one reason or another........ it's not IF but When they give trouble will be Heartache That is true of all mechanicles  those will just arrive much sooner for a given life span

And fair play to kenbw for the use of veg oil HDI's will just not tolerate it and as Ricko has discovered Some decent and not necessarily old or abused Hdi's are  or are starting to suffer some electrical gremlins.........


(This is grumpy old man mode isn't it)

I think I'd need the extra grunt...............

We run my wife's Picasso 2.0hdi on 50/50 veg and it's fine on it


If in doubt, give it a clout!

Offline

Board footer