The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-24 09:34:17

vaz2121

A few days grabbed

It's been awhile for one reason or another but......
My partner and I managed to get enough Motivation and a week free to scoot off in van.............

We found ourselves in Dunoon on the first night...........

On the Second night we ended up on the Mull of Kintyre........... we tried south of Campbeltown at a place called Southend but lots of No overnight parking and the only space we found next to the Cemetry was occupied.........
Back through Campbeltown out what's a single track to parking at the causway for Davaar island.....................

DSCF0052.jpeg

We spent the majority of the day in and around Campbeltown and Machrihanish............ But the weather was a little Scottish you could say

That Evening we found ourselves at Tayinloan again down a single track where you get the (Landing Craft) ferry for the isle of giha
We had a bite to eat along with a coffee and a bun in the Cafe........... Made inquiries about the Britstop there and decided to stay the night

Next day heading up the peninsula we had a quick stop in at Calmac Ferries Kennacraig to use their facilities and get a quick cuppa also to inquire about Hopscotch tickets to the Hebrides and what discounts us old foggies can get

Next we stopped at Tarbet Loch Fyne for a visit ......  As we discovered that we had just missed by hours my partners dad's old fishing boat in the Holy Loch as we'd passed on entering Dunoon.......
But it was now berthed in Tarbert for the traditional boat festival there

Next stop was Ardrishaig for a coffee
DSCF0102.jpeg
And a quick walk around the basin and a little way along the tow path at the start of the Crinan Canal

DSCF0098.jpeg
Sea lock and office for Canal

DSCF0112.jpeg
(5 mins after this was taken the exhaust back box parted company from the rest of the pipe)

we spent that night in a huge parking area about half mile from Tesco's in Oban "used apparently for the Highland Games ETC" (Mossfield Stadium Glen Cruitten Rd)

For what turned out to be our last night out we stopped off at a large off road side viewpoint about 15 miles north of Fort William (lay-by) on the banks of Loch Lochy at letter Finlay (stopped here many times ... just not over night and it got busyish with RV's?) .........
We Spent an hour or two at the ski lift (coffee) and in Fort william Morrisons.....
The rain was now unrelenting .......... We'd had Yellow rain warnings and it had on an off squallid showers and rained every night ........... Looking on the bright side "it kept the Midges away"...........
It was at this point with doctors appointments looming and other everyday life fast returning we decided to head homeward rather than be forced tommorrow anyway.........

During this journey is when I Dicovered issue number 2 ...... We stopped just off the A82  at Ardlui for a pee and a cuppa and it just so happend that the front of the van was over "a puddle" and I noticed a rainbow floating across it.......... I'd had my suspicions but it must be relatively small oil leak as I never seam to need to top up but has left a couple of tell tale signs but this was the first evidence on this trip and sure enough it was up to the full mark...........

So an oil leak ?, Back box parted company and an MOT due in next 4 weeks.........

This wee trip has given us a revival of the wanderlust after the every day norm rutt/Slog you seem too get into rather than make an effort and grab those few days when you can

Last edited by vaz2121 (2019-07-24 10:20:16)

Board footer