The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-23 15:04:18

Firemoth

New favourite picture

Just been on holibobs to Spain. Comparing other cars and vans with very strange names  tongue

Here's [really needs a name] poking it's head through the trees  smile

IMG_20190714_175137.jpeg

Worked it's little socks off, flawlessly

IMG_20190712_212859.jpeg

If in doubt, give it a clout!

#2 2019-07-23 15:09:17

Casper

Re: New favourite picture

Bob

#3 2019-07-23 23:57:13

vaz2121

Casper wrote:

Bob

Couldn't agree more ............. Bob

#4 2019-07-24 20:41:59

Firemoth

I was wondering what Bob was about. I've sussed what you mean now. Why Bob? I'm a bit strict on names. I don't always name cars and it's not down to if I like the car or not either. It's got to earn a name / have a came come to it. And it's got to be specific to this car. It can't be something that would relate to any car of the same model etc. I feel a name has come to it but I don't know what it is. Something Italian is a thought, just because it's hot the square plate like an Alfa, and Alfa wheels. Neither were intended to be Alfa like, but I've got a history of changing cars (I had a seat Alhambra that I turned into a ford galaxy - that was called raccoon because it was a silver car that had aftermarket headlights and radiator grille from the galaxy before it [they were actually for a vw Sharan] that were black. I intended on colour matching them but the name raccoon came, so I couldn't. I blended them instead lol)

#5 2019-07-25 02:02:48

vaz2121

Something Italian?............. Zeta........... as in Lancia Zeta !!

It's a pity that's greek...........

If it needs to earn it's name ............ Rocinante seems appropriate

Last edited by vaz2121 (2019-07-25 02:23:22)

#6 2019-07-25 06:48:23

Firemoth

No not zeta. That will send me down a world of modifying   lol  lol

Rocinante could work...... Although I'll confess I had to Google that one lol

#7 2019-07-25 12:52:53

OAT

"Rocinante's name, then, signifies his change in status from the "old nag" of before to the "foremost" steed."  (wiki)

800px-CavalloChishotte.jpg

Sounds appropriate?

Being from my favorite comedy novel, I though so myself.  Till I realised how common it is.  Probably more from Steinbeck naming his camper  Rocinante in "Travels With Charley than from Quixote.

I did used to call my partner Dulcinea though.  She hadn't read the book so didn't know if she should be flattered or insulted.

Last edited by OAT (2019-07-25 12:56:17)

#8 2019-07-25 18:26:00

vaz2121

OAT wrote:

"Rocinante's name, then, signifies his change in status from the "old nag" of before to the "foremost" steed."  (wiki)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … shotte.jpg

Sounds appropriate?

Being from my favorite comedy novel, I though so myself.  Till I realised how common it is.  Probably more from Steinbeck naming his camper  Rocinante in "Travels With Charley than from Quixote.

I did used to call my partner Dulcinea though.  She hadn't read the book so didn't know if she should be flattered or insulted.

I must confess too not really being much of a Don Quixote aficionado.... But you may be correct in how most will know who "Rocinante" is
(My X is Italian and her father was a bit of a fan .... However He refered to him as Ronzino)

Sancho Panza came to mind but the quest is earn the name........... Fierabras........... Platero......

( I'm keeping Clavileno the Swift .... tounge in cheek for mine)

As for Dulcinea del Toboso I think even if your partner had read the book she may still wish your clarification of her Sweetness or your chivalry

BTW......: Did you know Lamancha is just of the A701 heading for Edinburgh .............

#9 2019-07-25 21:42:36

OAT

vaz2121 wrote:

As for Dulcinea del Toboso I think even if your partner had read the book she may still wish your clarification of her Sweetness or your chivalry

BTW......: Did you know Lamancha is just of the A701 heading for Edinburgh .............

It was more of in acknowledgement of my similarities to a deluded knight than any comment on my sweetest of all ladies:-

...her rank must be at least that of a princess, since she is my queen and lady, and her beauty superhuman, since all the impossible and fanciful attributes of beauty which the poets apply to their ladies are verified in her; for her hairs are gold, her forehead Elysian fields, her eyebrows rainbows, her eyes suns, her cheeks roses, her lips coral, her teeth pearls, her neck alabaster, her bosom marble, her hands ivory, her fairness snow, and what modesty conceals from sight such, I think and imagine, as rational reflection can only extol, not compare" (Part I, Chapter 13, translation of John Ormsby).

Nothing at all of Aldonza, honest.

---

Didn't know of Lamancha, Scotland, thanks.  Checked it on google earth and noticed something spooky...no wind farm!

#10 2019-07-25 22:42:24

vaz2121

OAT wrote:

It was more of in acknowledgement of my similarities to a deluded knight than any comment on my sweetest of all ladies:-

...her rank must be at least that of a princess, since she is my queen and lady, and her beauty superhuman, since all the impossible and fanciful attributes of beauty which the poets apply to their ladies are verified in her; for her hairs are gold, her forehead Elysian fields, her eyebrows rainbows, her eyes suns, her cheeks roses, her lips coral, her teeth pearls, her neck alabaster, her bosom marble, her hands ivory, her fairness snow, and what modesty conceals from sight such, I think and imagine, as rational reflection can only extol, not compare" (Part I, Chapter 13, translation of John Ormsby).

Nothing at all of Aldonza, honest.

---

I'm sure we can all find  similarities to being a deluded knight.............

And I bow to your Survival skills in choosing Dulcinea over Aldonza

As another little aside we also have very near kilmarnock obviously famous for Johnnie Walker......... Moscow
also as Tiree will probably confirm not that far from him or me for that matter on the A76 we have Holywood .........(but as pointed out too me with only one L)

#11 2019-07-25 23:47:55

kenbw2

I have to ask, why is everyone saying Bob? I don't get it.

Not to form a preconceived conclusion, but can I just point at the last three digits of his reg?

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#12 2019-07-26 08:28:21

Firemoth

kenbw2 wrote:

I have to ask, why is everyone saying Bob? I don't get it.

Not to form a preconceived conclusion, but can I just point at the last three digits of his reg?

I'm not calling it Yoda. Maybe if it was green, then maybe. But only maybe. It's not called Yoda. Not happening

Board footer