The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-05 16:08:51

Jrterror0

Stickng ignition barrel. Citroen Dispatch

Hi.
New to the site, so be gentle. Ha.
The last few weeks the ignition on my Van has been a little sticky. Usually, I place the key in with the buttons facing up. I did notice that if I place the key in the ignition with the buttons facing down, in turns a little easier.
And so, over the last week's have done so. However, this morning it was even more difficult to turn. I even got the spare key, which is never used and this too wouldn't turn. After reading a few tips I sprayed WD40 in the barrel. I wish I hadn't. It seemed to make it worse. Anyway, after jiggling the key and wheel, with no success, I gave the key and surrounding shroud a little tap with a hammer. This was successful.
I think I need to replace the barrel, but am unsure how and what I need to buy. Also, do I need to change the chips in the keys etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Ta
D

Last edited by Jrterror0 (2019-08-05 17:41:02)

#2 2019-08-05 16:52:42

tee_cee

Re: Stickng ignition barrel. Citroen Dispatch

Jrterror0 wrote:

Hi.
New to the site, so be gentle. Ha.
The last few weeks the ignition on my Van has been a little sticky. Usually, I place the key in with the buttons facing up. I did notice that if I place the key in the ignition with the buttons facing down, in turns a little easier.
And so, over the last week's have done so. However, this morning it was even more difficult to turn. I even got the spare key, which is never used and this too wouldn't turn. After reading a few tips I sprayed WD40 in the barrel. I wish I hadn't. It seemed to make it worse. Anyway, after jiggling the key and wheel, with no success, I gave the key and surrounding shroud a little tap with a hammer. This was successful.
I think I need to replace the barrel, but am unsure how and what I need to buy. Also, do I need to change the chips in the keys etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Ta
D

There are posts here regarding replacing the barrel, but I'd suggest that you first try a long spray of Servisol Super 10 Switch cleaner.
WD 40 dries out leaving a sticky residue - wheras the Servisol will leave a thin film of lubricant.
Used the this and a rubber mallet on the end of the key to free up my lock 6 months ago.

Board footer