The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-06 18:03:18

pumpkineater53

wrong fuel

Hi can anyone tell me what possible damage may have happened to my dispatch hdi engine after lent it to a friend and they put petrol in instead of diesel and covered 20miles before returning her.now doesn't idle.also how would i go about draining all the fuel ?thanks ahead for any help.

#2 2019-08-06 22:10:53

Casper

Re: wrong fuel

Last time i did it i was in a works Pug 309. Luckily that had a drain plug on the tank so drained it myself and filled up with diesel again and no damage. Friend did it with his Focus. Half tank so filled it up with diesel and just drove it. Luckily he was heading north up the motorway for a few 100 miles, again no damage. I dont think you can get a hose down the filler neck to siphon the tank so may have to drop it to drain, Empty fuel filter housing also and refill with a new filter. Put tank back in and fill up. I think you will be fine. Come to think about it the wife did this to a fiesta as well but that was about a 50/50 mix. Just ran that til we could get more diesel in. No damage

#3 2019-08-06 23:53:26

vaz2121

Re: wrong fuel

I'll go with Casper on this depending on petrol/diesel mix fill her up with diesel and Carry on..........
This was and is a trick we got up to in winter adding petrol , benzine, parafine ...................
( Help to stop diesel freezing.... waxing ... gelling )
All I'll say is back when we got full fat diesel running 10% wasn't so much of an issue
But I did come across one acquaintance who reconed he ruined a diesel pump by getting a little too carried away with adding petrol to the diesel 
Which being low supher or what they called it then was city diesel and he ran the pump because the diesel also acted as a lubricant and unleaded petrol is just that no lead to assist the lube and is rather dry and Coarse even on fuel injectors............

If your really worried add a litre (or two) of low ash two stroke (mineral ) oil to the tank as well

Board footer