The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-21 20:27:05

Zippypilot

Dim/hard to read odometer.

Hi all, MOT time, looked at the past ones on line and one said the above, didn't fail on this so wondering what a cure is or should I just let it go? would be nice to see it brighter in the daylight tho. Tips, hints, cure welcome.

#2 2019-08-21 22:04:42

Casper

Re: Dim/hard to read odometer.

Zippypilot wrote:

Hi all, MOT time, looked at the past ones on line and one said the above, didn't fail on this so wondering what a cure is or should I just let it go? would be nice to see it brighter in the daylight tho. Tips, hints, cure welcome.

Not in MOT. My last van was like that. I took clocks out and cleaned up around the connections and all bulbs were OK but that did nothing where others have had joy. Present van has about six year with no miles recorded. Was recorded in the MOT just before i bought it but i think he just got clocks out scrap yard. Miles say 100k but van has signs of higher

#3 2019-08-21 22:42:52

Ricko

Bit of a pain to get to but is it worth a spray with contact cleaner and some new bulbs??

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#4 2019-08-22 21:09:11

Zippypilot

Casper wrote:
Zippypilot wrote:

Not in MOT. My last van was like that. I took clocks out and cleaned up around the connections and all bulbs were OK but that did nothing where others have had joy. Present van has about six year with no miles recorded. Was recorded in the MOT just before i bought it but i think he just got clocks out scrap yard. Miles say 100k but van has signs of higher

Thanks Casper, yeah i am not too worried about it, it is readable, I did notice that one time it went out completely and tapping the dia knob brought it back. I will see what they say at the MOT and then maybe clean the contacts etc

#5 2019-08-22 21:10:54

Zippypilot

Ricko wrote:

Bit of a pain to get to but is it worth a spray with contact cleaner and some new bulbs??

I think you could be right Riko, It went out completely once and a flick of the dial button brought it back, altho dim, so maybe contact cleaner will hope, just going to put it through the MOT and see what they say

Board footer