The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-11 08:57:03

solvemon

Rear Load Proportioning Valve stuck... or is it???

So in my MOT (or the equivalent here in Norway) my 2005 Scudo JTD 2.0 got a few remarks, among them: stuck load proportioning valve. After getting it up on my ramps, and giving it a good splash of WD-40, and banging it with the hammer for a while, I can actually move it by wedging a screw-driver into the "arm" and levering it open. It feels quite smooth in that the motion is not jerky or stuck in any way, but I have to put a fair amount of power to counter the spring.

To be honest, I don't know a lot about this part, so I'm not even sure what it's supposed to look like "at rest", when the brakes are not pressed? Because mine is in the complete "home" or closed position. This is also the case when I jacked the van up off the back wheels. Is this to be expected? Furthermore, when I had a helper press the brakes for me (with the engine running), I can see the arm moving but veeeeeery little, maybe 2-3 mm at the most. Is this as expected, or could something else be preventing the arm from opening?

Some pictures for your ocular pleasure
LPV-3.jpeg
LPV-lower-part.jpg

Thanks in advance guys!

#2 2019-05-11 19:54:00

ruston

Re: Rear Load Proportioning Valve stuck... or is it???

The valve doesn't have much movement anyway, especially in a lightly loaded vehicle,  which is why they seize up in the first place.  As long as there is some movement when the pedal is pressed then all should be fine.

#3 2019-05-12 18:54:52

steve the grease

The valve isn't supposed to move when  you press the pedal. The idea is to cut the pressure to the rear brakes when the van is lightly loaded, to stop the brakes locking. When the van is laden ( rear suspension lower) more pressure is allowed to the brakes.  Give the valve  a good lube and wire brush every service / time you are underneath.

#4 2019-05-13 05:49:46

solvemon

Thanks a lot for the the replies guys, in that case I should be good! When I get around to the other small issues I have I'll take it back in and report back!

#5 2019-08-26 15:51:37

ginger chips

anyone with a spare valve for sale or just the pressed steel lever for the rear brake compensator valve.please

Board footer