The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-17 19:53:21

Debbs74

Clutch

I bought a 65 plate dispatch with 12,000 miles on the clock, at 20,000 miles I needed a new clutch, I am now at 42,000 miles and my clutch has gone light once again, I am told I need a new clutch again which is not cheap.

Is there anything that could be causing the clutch to go so quickly I have never had to replace a clutch so often and I worry there is something bigger going on.

. I transport dogs so nothing heavy in the van local driving with a good run on motorway now and again.

Advice needed.

#2 2019-09-17 21:13:33

OAT

Re: Clutch

Mine is a much earlier van but when I thought mine had gone a while back, it turned out to be the cable.  It has quite a complex self adjustment mechanism which can give various symptoms when it fails.

It was a very expensive cable but far cheaper than a clutch.

Last edited by OAT (2019-09-17 21:14:09)

#3 2019-09-17 22:02:42

vaz2121

Re: Clutch

OAT wrote:

Mine is a much earlier van but when I thought mine had gone a while back, it turned out to be the cable.  It has quite a complex self adjustment mechanism which can give various symptoms when it fails.

It was a very expensive cable but far cheaper than a clutch.

Like OAT I too have the earlier van (All be it a face lift model) My clutch is hydraulic.................

I'm unsure but I would imagine the later vans would be also and most likely (being a 65 plate) have a Duel mass flywheel.....................
If the drive and pressure plate was all that was replaced at the time there could be an issue with the Duel mass flywheel.........................

Sorry it's not what you wanted to hear..................

with luck (if that's what you could call it) A fluid leak or slave cylinder, Master cylinder seal................

Either way some form of investigation is warranted...........

Board footer