The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-01 20:30:24

woodbine

Changing Scudo 2.0 Jtd Air Filter

Hello to all. Not been on for a while. Would appreciate a bit of advice. I have an old shape Scudo 2.0 Jtd Dynamic 2004 (54). I want to change the air filter, and it seems simple - just 4 screws on the filter box lid.

However, there are a couple of things attached to the box lid, and I want to ask if they need to be removed as they may not allow the lid to be raised high enough to swap the filter. First is the ridged hose at the rear of the box that feeds the filtered air to the engine. Will the lid lift high enough without removing this hose?

Secondly is an electrical connection on the nearside of the filter lid. Does this connector need to be removed to allow the box lid to lift high enough to swap the filter? I tried pressing and pulling the connector, but there seems to be no obvious way to disconnect it. There doesn't seem to be a lot of slack on the wires to the connector.

I haven't tried opening the filter box up yet to see if the lid needs one or more of the items I mention to be disconnected. Just thought I would ask so I'm not guessing. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by woodbine (2019-11-01 20:33:01)

Fiat Scudo 2004 (54) 2.0 Jtd SX Dynamic Van

#2 2019-11-01 21:11:36

Casper

Re: Changing Scudo 2.0 Jtd Air Filter

Just take the big hose out. Mine is held on with a large jubilee clip then unclip the lid and remove. The connector you are on about will be the MAF sensor. Mass Air Flow. You should be able to un clip the block connector to allow better access.

#3 2019-11-01 21:51:40

woodbine

Thanks for your answer, Casper. That makes sense, should be able to open the lid enough after removing hose.

Out of interest - I couldn't see any obvious way to take the MAF connector off side of filter box. Must be a special way to disconnect. When you refer to 'block connector', do you mean the connector on side of filter box - or is there a connector further down the wire, maybe in area under battery?

Last edited by woodbine (2019-11-01 21:52:24)

#4 2019-11-01 22:03:51

Casper

The block connector on the sensor at the air box. There will be a bit to press in or its got a wire round it to press and pull out.  I have the 1.9D so mine may differ from yours.

See this picture. You should not even have to take the tube out. Un clip the lid and just push over to the left and change filter. If you do take the tube out you should have enough cable to move the lid also.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-EXPE … Sw0qVana62

Last edited by Casper (2019-11-01 22:06:53)

#5 2019-11-04 19:22:29

woodbine

Thanks again Casper.

Only thing is, mine's the 2.0. The hose comes in from the rear, not side. I'll have to try opening it up to see how much access there is to get new filter in.

This mine. You can see the MAF plug I was on about just in front of the brake fluid reservoir. Not much slack on the wires, and the plug doesn't seem to want to come off easily.

DSC01564.jpeg

DSC01565.jpeg

Last edited by woodbine (2019-11-04 19:39:45)

#6 2019-11-04 20:04:28

Tiree
Administrator

Hey woodbine ..

First off - you can just lift the whole filter assembly off the inlet pipe underneath [you can see the pipe front-right on your second photo]. It literally just pulls off. Or at least mine does [2.0 hdi]. This gives you much more access options.

I don't think you need to remove the MAF sensor - but if you do, the MAF sensor connector is the black & grey one on the outlet hose at the back nearside. The clip for it is on the underside [I know!] on the grey part. I think you need to lift the clip [pull it down] while pulling the grey connector off.

Similarly - I don't think you need to loosen the jubilee clip on the outlet hose at the top of the photo or disconnect that hose.

Just undo the 4 screws and the filter's right underneath.

2006 Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDi bought in July 2013 - Partial camper conversion ........

DSC_0360-1.jpg

#7 2019-11-04 20:22:52

Casper

Tiree wrote:

Hey woodbine ..

First off - you can just lift the whole filter assembly off the inlet pipe underneath [you can see the pipe front-right on your second photo]. It literally just pulls off. Or at least mine does [2.0 hdi]. This gives you much more access options.

I don't think you need to remove the MAF sensor - but if you do, the MAF sensor connector is the black & grey one on the outlet hose at the back nearside. The clip for it is on the underside [I know!] on the grey part. I think you need to lift the clip [pull it down] while pulling the grey connector off.

Similarly - I don't think you need to loosen the jubilee clip on the outlet hose at the top of the photo or disconnect that hose.

Just undo the 4 screws and the filter's right underneath.

All of that now i have seen pictures. Totally different from mine what is just clips holding the lid on and no need to remove sensor also

#8 2019-11-04 21:30:30

woodbine

Thanks to Tiree and Casper. Will have a go and see how I get on.

Board footer