The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-06 18:21:27

Casper

Pump Swap

Does anyone know if the XUD9A pump will be a straight swap into my DW8B? I just missed out on a pump what came out an LDV Pilot. If they are just a nut and bolt change over i may do it. I presume the Delphi one i have wont throw up a fault if it was to be swapped.

Cheers

#2 2019-11-06 22:17:05

kenbw2
Administrator

Re: Pump Swap

I had put that pump into my DW8 (not B) and it worked perfectly. It was noticeably a bit more chuggy on cold starts but new glow plugs helped that a lot. I think it was because the wax cold start adjuster cable wasn't on right but I never bothered fixing it.

I gather the only difference between the DW8 and the DW8B is the latter has a MAF sensor, an ECU and an electronic advance on the fuel pump (which you'll be replacing).

Absolutely go for it, you'll be better off for it, especially with veg running.

I can't speak for the ECU being confused as my DW8 didn't have one but assuming it's not an MOT fail I wouldn't care - the ECU has nothing to do anyway.

Last edited by kenbw2 (2019-11-06 22:18:18)

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#3 2019-11-07 00:03:27

vaz2121

Kenbw2.......... Did you need to change injectors and fuel lines as well with pump?

Casper wrote:

Does anyone know if the XUD9A pump will be a straight swap into my DW8B? I just missed out on a pump what came out an LDV Pilot. If they are just a nut and bolt change over i may do it. I presume the Delphi one i have wont throw up a fault if it was to be swapped.

Cheers

Our 306 has a DW8 fitted to it and has a Bosch pump from factory So things like early berlingos etc should have that option .... like Kenbw2 says I'm unsure about ECU involvement Etc...........

I believe you'll have to clock the Bosch pump a little by removing the lucas pump mounting studs and replacing them in next hole a little farther round ready for Boch pump to mount

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fJCp6nf2dw&t=1367s

All be it this is for turbo version but you'll get jist

#4 2019-11-07 00:12:56

kenbw2
Administrator

Ah yes, I had to change the metal fuel lines. £60odd from Citroen directly which was surprisingly reasonable.

I was told it's better if you change the injectors and it probably helps, but I never bothered and it was fine.

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#5 2019-11-07 01:38:08

vaz2121

kenbw2 wrote:

Ah yes, I had to change the metal fuel lines. £60odd from Citroen directly which was surprisingly reasonable.

I was told it's better if you change the injectors and it probably helps, but I never bothered and it was fine.

Many many moons ago I replaced and turbo'd a non turbo engine changing over to the turbo bosch pump, used the fuel pipes and had to change the injectors over obviously aswell..........

Funny thing the 2.0L direct injection Perkins Prima (that I still have) has a turbo bosch pump but IIRC has lucas injectors .............. (Need to make a point in looking) and I'm sure it must have come out the factory that way..........

#6 2019-11-07 15:15:11

Casper

vaz2121 wrote:

Kenbw2.......... Did you need to change injectors and fuel lines as well with pump?

Our 306 has a DW8 fitted to it and has a Bosch pump from factory So things like early berlingos etc should have that option .... like Kenbw2 says I'm unsure about ECU involvement Etc...........

I believe you'll have to clock the Bosch pump a little by removing the lucas pump mounting studs and replacing them in next hole a little farther round ready for Boch pump to mount

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fJCp6nf2dw&t=1367s

All be it this is for turbo version but you'll get jist

Cheers for that. Looks pretty straight forwards. I was looking last night at pumps and some that look like they came out a swamp were asking silly money. My just pop along to Sports Car Breakers and see what they have.

kenbw2 wrote:

I presume there fuel lines are the metal ones from pump to injectors. So if i find a pump and its in an expert/scudo/dispatch then take them also. One last thing, what about the wire blocks into the pump. Are they the same (Plug n Play)

#7 2019-11-07 16:58:00

vaz2121

Casper wrote:

I presume there fuel lines are the metal ones from pump to injectors. So if i find a pump and its in an expert/scudo/dispatch then take them also. One last thing, what about the wire blocks into the pump. Are they the same (Plug n Play)

Yes metal ones from pump to injectors ............
Take whatever fuel lines off either the XUD or DW8 that you get the Bosch pump from and if cost efective the matching injectors too but as Kenbw2 Said  not 100% necessary...........
Your unlikely to find a bosch pump on a dispatch Sudo Expert unless it's a Turbo  XUD I'd imagine ..........

You'll be looking at things like 306's, 405's, early 406's ...Belingo's  etc  (non turbo form)..........

Correct me if I'm wrong Some one please.................

#8 2019-11-07 17:09:55

Casper

405 and 6 have non turbos? Every day is a school day. I had the turbo 405 what was a great car. Shame about the rust.

#9 2019-11-08 12:32:04

vaz2121

Casper wrote:

405 and 6 have non turbos? Every day is a school day. I had the turbo 405 what was a great car. Shame about the rust.

I don't know how common they'll be........

2 things a friend took many moons ago now an absolute dog of a 405 (I was told non Turbo ...multiple colours also) in part ex although had gearchange issues it moved on V quickly (just as) and what was the Local Peugeot garage... The Mechanic I know from there (His family had 306 I've got originally) bought the 406 When it closed (A number of yrs ago now) which was the garage Loaner car that they had supplied new in 95/96 and kept it for this very purpose when it was traded back to them several yrs later and I was informed it was a plain Jane/Bobby Basic non Turbo XUD..............

P.S. I had a good few yrs ago (Company vehicles and fuel card of course) A 205 STDT and for a relatively short period A 405 GRDT until it over heated and needed a rebuild (went on to be a Taxi) ..........

Both I thought were excelent especially the 205 but I'd spent much long abusing it .............

Board footer