The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-08 18:14:34

Oldboy

lift-ring reverse selector 6 speed + reverse

The lift ring on my 2014 Dispatch is sticking in the  up position you have to push it back down after reversing. It seems to be just the lift-ring itself ie with cable removed from the ring it still sticks, it seems to stick near the top of its travel, towards the bottom its freer  but not completely so. Has anyone had a similar problem? How do you remove the gear stick knob?

#2 2019-11-08 22:04:17

OAT

Re: lift-ring reverse selector 6 speed + reverse

I don't know these newer models  but on earlier ones the gear knob just pulls straight up and off.  It can take a considerable pull and can let go without warning.  Gave myself a black eye first time.

Again, this is the early ones, nowt to say there isn't a hidden clip on yours.

#3 2019-11-08 22:57:04

Oldboy

Thanks for that
There's a plate on the top of the knob but no obvious fixings might just conceal a nut? I read a post saying it comes off with a quarter anti-clockwise turn, again not certain which model though

#4 2019-11-09 13:07:00

vaz2121

Oldboy wrote:

Thanks for that
There's a plate on the top of the knob but no obvious fixings might just conceal a nut? I read a post saying it comes off with a quarter anti-clockwise turn, again not certain which model though

Like OAT says.....
But I too have the Earlier van ..........
I'd heard the same quarter turn (90o) anti clockwise .....
But then mine is held on with a grub screw (Seems Like an after thought)..........
I did look this out but is showing a 5 speed box...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d72GPEZHPw

So No idea if a 6 is different..........

But then things here are a little French

#5 2019-11-09 19:53:54

Oldboy

Vaz thanks for interest, i'll live with it for a bit, someone might have sorted it and come along in the mean time

#6 2019-11-11 22:14:27

Oldboy

Fixed!

The gear knob pulls straight off, although it probably helps to give it a wiggle applying upward pressure at the same time. mine was on very tight and had to resort to heat before it would budge (gentle heat for a few minutes). The cause of the sticking was not obvious, but the splines attached to the gear stick which the lift ring slides on appear to be nylon, which is known to absorb water and swell. So I took emery cloth to it  until the lift ring slid smoothly. The reverse gear now works smoothly and drops out of reverse as you pass into neutral without having to push it back down ........Result!!!! smile

#7 2020-08-09 02:55:46

Chrissim

oldboy,
Did you ever get a response to the sticking reverse pull up selector you posted?
I have exactly same problem  on my 2008 Fiat Scudo .
How did you fix this , if you did ?
I tried spraying silicon spray around the inner of the ring to no effect so far.
To remove the gear knob , I just pulled hard straight back along the gear stick. Didn't need huge amount of force .
Put it in 4th or 6th and pull hard.
appreciate some info.
I was going to delete this but maybe others may want this information .
After removing the gear knob  I removed the lift ring cable , removed the lift ring and used fine sandpaper 1000+ grit and sanded the inside of the lift ring. Checking the slide and sanding repeatedly untill no binding was detected, the put everything back as they were .
Success. Good luck ,
It's not that difficult just time consuming and would be quite expensive to get a "professional" to do it.

Last edited by Chrissim (2020-08-24 03:04:25)

Board footer