The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-05 10:29:41

Dazza1638

Help

Hi all.
I've just purchased a 07 plate Dispatch as a non starter. Was told it might just need a new starter motor.
The van is in economic mode and this I can clear by removing the battery and reconnecting. When I go to crank the relay on the BSI module clicks ok.
No power to the white signal wire on the starter though.
Battery light is also flashing.
Plugged my snap on solus in and no comms with the engine.
Someone has had a play with this and shipped it off, think that's why I got it so cheap.
The signal wire in the engine bay fuse board has been jabbed and there is no power out when cranking. 
I have shorted the starter out underneath and it spins over fine.
Any guidance on where to start would be most appreciated.

Cheers Darren

#2 2019-11-07 01:20:56

vaz2121

Re: Help

Sorry I have No idea where to start ... I'm assuming by the symptoms description this is a 2.0 HDI you have..................

#3 2019-11-07 08:20:33

Dazza1638

Hi Vaz2121,

No it's a 1.6.

Cheers anyway.

#4 2019-11-12 22:46:50

Anchor1979
Website

I have the 1.6 also. Stupid question but, have you changed the battery? As you didn't mention that you'd changed it. The last time I had starting issues with mine it turned out to be the battery! I changed the starter motor first and nothing, to be fair though it would bump start.

Also, found out when I replaced the battery that the previous owner had fitted the wrong size of battery. So no wonder it failed!!

#5 2019-11-13 00:07:56

vaz2121

Anchor1979 wrote:

I have the 1.6 also. Stupid question but, have you changed the battery? As you didn't mention that you'd changed it. The last time I had starting issues with mine it turned out to be the battery! I changed the starter motor first and nothing, to be fair though it would bump start.

Also, found out when I replaced the battery that the previous owner had fitted the wrong size of battery. So no wonder it failed!!

I know nothing really of HDI's but can agree with this .......
I had for what seemed like an eternity (Total about 7 months) at the time A Peugeot 307 {2.0} HDI Rapier ...........
I had what after a weeks worth of Honeymoon was endless issues.........
If engine does not spin fast enough it doesn't reach some ridiculous Commonrail line pressure .... Whch in-turn only then allows injectors to fire..............  A bump start early on worked for me too (but not handy when at Tesco refueling)
I think I changed Battery, Starter, and rail pressure sensor...........
To find in the end it was a Failing and Faulty injector.........
After other issuses it was Sold (At great loss concidering what had been spent on it up to then) when in bits requiring a Dual Mass FlyWheel and clutch.......

I purchased the 306 DW8 (slug) soon after (2008 IIRC) and still have it.............

#6 2019-11-13 09:44:02

Anchor1979
Website

vaz - please don't mention poorly injectors  cry  I recently had to replace all 4, the turbo, turbo oil feed pipe, air intake manifold and the boost pipes from the intercooler. Cost a small fortune - but for now at least she's running a lot better.

I'll say one thing though, my 53 plate 1.9D expert's engine was fairly bullet proof! The one issue I did have with it was a split wire to a sensor, but once that was rectified it ran like a dream. I think the little van is still on the road too somewhere!

#7 2019-11-14 12:53:25

kenbw2

Anchor1979 wrote:

I'll say one thing though, my 53 plate 1.9D expert's engine was fairly bullet proof! The one issue I did have with it was a split wire to a sensor, but once that was rectified it ran like a dream. I think the little van is still on the road too somewhere!

I loved that engine. It was so crap there was nothing to go wrong!

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Board footer