The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-21 15:27:01

Graydog

Peugeot Expert Tepee Ride hight

Hi everyone, I've recently changed my Dispatch for a Expert Tepee (Gleneagles conversion) and I am certain the ride hight is much lower than on my van, does any one have any idea's on how to increase the ride hight?

#2 2019-11-22 13:09:49

vaz2121

Re: Peugeot Expert Tepee Ride hight

Is it because it's a Tepee....... I've often thought E7 Taxi's had a bit of a Lower stance.........
Does it have lowered springs fitted ? (During conversion).. or is it down to extra weight of conversion? ............

I've been having a sniff about and Ive found a (spacers 30.. 40mm) lift kit for this the second Generation van {From Russia}..............

I'm sort of looking for a little extra ride {up to 2"} height over Standard (MK1 Facelift) with intention of {Thoughts of Sump guard and ability to fit a slightly larger  All terrain tyre} Being a little more Adventurous..........

To cope with Coarse winterish weather up North.... Orkney .... 
To tick off a  bucket list ambition of going up past ... and visiting The Arctic Circle  Centre... or the sign post to mark the invisable line near Jokkmokk and then onto Abisko and the National park............

I know I could do it with van prety much as is ......... But I would like to do it between October {24hr day light almost} and March { Heading for 24 hrs Darkness} and being a little more "Overland " prepared  .............
But Partners more for Head South for winter Sun ........
Not Fun freezing our ar** off .........

#3 2019-11-24 11:46:55

Graydog

Thanks for replying Vaz2121 it probably does have extra weight due to the lowering of the centre floor area for the wheelchair access but I've stripped all the seating and other items so that should have helped the ride hight,
if you could send me the link to these Russian spacers I would be grateful.
Cheers

#4 2019-11-24 13:27:09

tee_cee

I fitted auxiliary springs  on my MK1 WAV conversion https://mad-suspension.co.uk/
Not cheap but I felt that spacers would only weaken the springs

#5 2019-11-25 03:56:49

vaz2121

Only thing I'd say is don't go mad with lift height ................
1. I did a DIY Version of this on my 4x4 Lada a number of yrs ago that although I introduced (1") 25mm of spacer, I ended up with (2") 50 mm of lift {Which is what I wanted at time}, No idea if this would happen here ................
2. The Lada has double Wishbone front suspension, Here we are dealing with a MacPherson strut Spacer, On the Lada it affected the Camber quite badly and that needed to be addressed at that time, Again No idea if that would be the case here.............
3. Within intended lift Its good to keep the angle of the CV joints on the Drive shfts as Conservative (Not politically) as possible (As straight or little angle) So when in use Not introducing excessive angle wear and inturn heat  under normal operation and significantly reducing the Joint's (shaft's) Life span...............
(Excessive Lowering can do the same)
4. This kind of lift Should not affect your wheel articulation greatly (Not that you sould notice on road)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/uk-tema4x4?_ … 7675.l2563
{Surprise it's an eB*y Store}

#6 2022-04-25 21:55:55

Tobym1

vaz2121 wrote:

Is it because it's a Tepee....... I've often thought E7 Taxi's had a bit of a Lower stance.........
Does it have lowered springs fitted ? (During conversion).. or is it down to extra weight of conversion? ............

I've been having a sniff about and Ive found a (spacers 30.. 40mm) lift kit for this the second Generation van {From Russia}..............

I'm sort of looking for a little extra ride {up to 2"} height over Standard (MK1 Facelift) with intention of {Thoughts of Sump guard and ability to fit a slightly larger  All terrain tyre} Being a little more Adventurous..........

To cope with Coarse winterish weather up North.... Orkney .... 
To tick off a  bucket list ambition of going up past ... and visiting The Arctic Circle  Centre... or the sign post to mark the invisable line near Jokkmokk and then onto Abisko and the National park............

I know I could do it with van prety much as is ......... But I would like to do it between October {24hr day light almost} and March { Heading for 24 hrs Darkness} and being a little more "Overland " prepared  .............
But Partners more for Head South for winter Sun ........
Not Fun freezing our ar** off .........

At the risk of a post resurrection did you manage this? I'd like to lift my mk 1 an inch or so. Ta

Board footer