The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-19 21:15:18

JohanWinas

Airbag light on a 1999 expert 1.9 xud

The airbag light came on today while driving. It flashed for about 5-10 minutes and then lit solid.

The van is a expert 1999 with the xud9 engine.

Any suggestions on what this might be and where to start?

#2 2019-12-19 21:45:32

vaz2121

Re: Airbag light on a 1999 expert 1.9 xud

If you look on the floor between the seats you should see a raised square section (Under second seat if double fitted) that's where the airbag ecu lives if you can check that the recess it not damp or ecu sitting in water............

The other way is to fit a resistor that mimics the airbag light coming on and then off... when turning ignition key on...............
IIRC there's numbers on the wures that denote airbag contacts (as per Berlingo vid) .......
There may be somewhere suitable under steering column shroud if you go down this route...........

There is a couple of threads on here discusing this subject ......
Here's one
https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … php?id=692

P.S. I didn't realize a 1999 van had the option of an airbag............
But then I was surprised my 2005 van was fitted with ABS

#3 2019-12-20 00:24:02

OAT

I had similar with my own 98 XUD when I first go it.  Only happened a couple of times.  It did have a very wet floor at the time too due to blocked scuttle drains.

Anyway since I cleared the drains and dried out the sodden soundproofing and mat it hasn't happened again so vaz might be onto it.  It does sit in a bit of a recess.

#4 2020-02-13 23:02:02

JohanWinas

Well today the airbag light stopped flashing, all is back to normal.
Never got around to lifting the rubber carpet up to look under there..
But I did replace the relay and socket for the automatic dipped beams and in the process I had to take the cover of the steering column. This might have given the slip ring for the airbag a nudge and made it all work, dont know if thats the case but if not it just "fixed it self".

Board footer