The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-22 02:49:50

John

Bypassing BSI functions

Hi Chaps & Chapasses.

I’ve recently replaced my 2004 Scudo with a slightly newer Dispatch, which has a BSI (‘Body Systems Interface’ i.e. a brain), and I hate it.
I’m old-school and prefer things to stay switched on until I decide to switch them off.
Your help to bypass the workings of this device would be much appreciated.

The 3 things that I would like help with are:
1)    The anti-hijack system (rear doors automatically locking)
2)    The rear interior light switching off after 30 seconds
3)    The radio switching off after 5 minutes

1) I’m guessing that the simplest thing to do with the doors would probably be to remove the wiring from the connectors, but I’m open to suggestions.
There is nothing of any value in the back of my van, so I’d rather the rear doors remained unlocked permanently; to avoid damage to the doors/locks by thieves.

2 & 3) For the interior light and radio, the best option is probably to bypass the BSI with permanent live wires, but which side of the BSI are the fuses?
What I have in mind is this:
People usually use piggy-back fuses to take power from a fuse, but I’m thinking of doing it the other way around (assuming that the power to the fuse comes after the BSI)
i.e. Battery –> BSI –> Fuse -> Component
If I replace that fuse with a piggy-back fuse (wired up to a permanent live) the component (radio or interior light) will have a power permanently, rather than when the BSI decides it can have some.
If the setup is the other way around (i.e. Battery –> Fuse –> BSI –> Component) the best method might be to ScotchLock a permanent live to the output wires from the BSI, I guess.

P.S.  I don’t even know where the BSI is, or what it looks like – so I’d appreciate your help to find it.

Your advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

•    Footnote – Please don’t take the time & trouble to explain the battery-saving intentions of the BSI.  I am aware that the BSI is meant to save battery power, but it has the opposite effect in this instance, as starting the engine every 5 minutes (to continue listening to the radio) takes far more power than the radio itself, and 30 seconds of light is nowhere near long enough to put all of my equipment into the back of the van at the end of the day. Thanks.

Last edited by John (2019-12-22 19:41:59)

#2 2019-12-22 18:14:15

Rabnudj

Re: Bypassing BSI functions

The location is under steering wheel to the right there is a removable panel. It has a little shelf built into it. Take this off and you will find module there

Be warned, that this module is integral to the engine being allowed to run and if you simply unplug you will find van won't run. So be careful with meddling around with it!

James

#3 2019-12-22 18:17:53

Rabnudj

Incidentally I have a 2004 dispatch and it does not lock rear doors after 30 seconds..

I guess this is one of the subtle differences between manufacturers. glasses

#4 2019-12-22 19:40:32

John

Thanks, James.

I think it might be the age of the vehicle rather than the manufacturer.
The rear doors of my 2007 Dispatch lock once the vehicle reaches around 6 mph (including reverse for some reason).
I’m not sure why the designer thought that threat of someone climbing into a van to hijack it (while stopped at traffic lights or whatever) is such a credible possibility, but who am I to disagree?

Thanks for telling me where it is.
Much appreciated.

John

#5 2019-12-24 03:48:01

steve the grease

With the appropriate software and interface you can enable/ disable / alter most or all of the settings you refer to . Look for lexia pp2000 Theres also some free software , but I havent tried it PSACOM.  Take it easy  with  the BSI,  upset it and your van is bricked.

#6 2019-12-24 12:49:54

John

Thanks, Steve.

I wasn't aware such a thing existed.

Looking at forums I found other people sharing my frustrations, particularly with the radio.
The first replies they get are usually people suggesting that they buy an after-market radio.
I suspect that that wouldn't work as the power to the radio is delivered from the BSI (which decides that you can only have X minutes), … presumably.
Other people suggest that they go to the dealers, who will then disable the 'mode'.
Then someone comes along that has tried that & explains that even the dealers can't do that.
... but there was one bloke that said that the dealers could extend the radio allowance to 30 minutes (which would be enough for most people).
I'm guessing that Lexia PP2000 & PASCOM is what the dealers would use to do that.
It sounds like a good idea.
Definitely worth looking into.

Thanks again,
John.

Board footer