The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-30 02:02:53

vaz2121

Attending to a couple of things

Casper wrote:

I also put new glow plugs in but TBH it never helped matters much as the ones i took out were not to bad.

I tried your philosophy of waiting 30 seconds after glow plug light went out sort of by accident............
Even though like you I've recently fitted new glow plugs this along with a quick winter service..........
I've been counting to 10 after Light went out before attempting to start to next to NO improvement and last Weekend (21/12/19) just as I was about to fire van up postman arrived.......

So I stepped out to sign for a package .........
I reckon the glow plug light must have been out for a good 30 seconds by the time I'd got back in And yes van bust into life almost immediately.......
As normal it was on the button for the rest of the day.........

That evening I parked the van in the front garden and ran a hook up cable out house front window to it............
I plugged in and placed a 240v oil filled radiator in back of van to keep chill off an to dry out that cold damp feeling that everything  seems to get through lack of use this time of year..(Not that I'm parking it up long term)..........
This also charges and does that battery maintenance thing (allegedly)on both batteries

I'm sort of preping things that I'd noted for a Pie in the sky until it happens plan  .............

A couple of these things were wanting done anyway either way ...........
I fitted (fettled) over christmas week a new 19/20ltr fresh water tank with a quick release feed pipe (A Hoselock type quick connect tap fitting) along with quick connect power feed to aid speed of refill as I Was never that happy with the ltd space (Still LTD just hopefully easier) set up we had...........
(Still debating over replacing the Micro switch tap)

My Grey water tank was removed about a yr ago (Fabricated to fit space out of steel) as it was rotten so far Ive been unsuccesful in finding a replacemen in plastic..........
But I installed a replacement waste pipe in preperation.............
(Still needs some tweeking to improve speed of flow)

But today while Plittering I decided to fire up van and see if it was a fluke that the extra glow plug time made a difference.........
Sitting for a week I figured was enough even with the fairly mild temps that engine was cold enough and if I had this insidious leak it would be enough time to see what happend..........
I used one of those cheap chinese volt meter things that you plug in cig ......... power socket to see what was going on volts wise and Low and behold again almost immediately burst into life........

I'm going to confess that I'm sure it was down a plug at least from last winter ............
But being cheap I should have spent more and got a set of Beru or Bosch glow plugs instead of those NO name things i got .........
Which if it was a light bulb Would probably  be as bright (effective) as a candle in a guinness bottle

Board footer