The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-15 20:15:30

seedy

807 powered seats into Dispatch

Hi all!
Newby here - first post!
I have just got a 2006 Dispatch and bought a pair of 2003 Peugeot 807 powered swivel seats hoping to install in place of the existing drivers seat and passenger bench.

First problem is that I haven't got the subframes from the 807 and the passenger side looks like it will need one - is that correct or is there a way of doing it without it?

Second issue is how do I adjust the seat position back and forward as I don't have electrical connections to hook up to the 807 seats? Is it possible to alter them to manual adjustment. I am not bothered about the heated seat or airbag being connected, but not being able to adjust the seat position is going to be a PITA!!

Any advice will be very gratefully received!  smile

Chris

#2 2020-01-16 02:00:22

vaz2121

Re: 807 powered seats into Dispatch

seedy wrote:

Hi all!
Newby here - first post!
I have just got a 2006 Dispatch and bought a pair of 2003 Peugeot 807 powered swivel seats hoping to install in place of the existing drivers seat and passenger bench.

First problem is that I haven't got the subframes from the 807 and the passenger side looks like it will need one - is that correct or is there a way of doing it without it?

Second issue is how do I adjust the seat position back and forward as I don't have electrical connections to hook up to the 807 seats? Is it possible to alter them to manual adjustment. I am not bothered about the heated seat or airbag being connected, but not being able to adjust the seat position is going to be a PITA!!

Any advice will be very gratefully received!  smile

Chris

Hello welcome along
Yes I'm afraid you will require a single seat subframe for passengers (believe van and 806 variants will work....Could someone confirm!)  and I'm sure you also would have to cobble some form of power to operate seats.........

Another thing thats come to mind.............

My van is a 2005 and doesn't have the facility where you pull the handbrake button out and this allows the handbrake lever to lie down in the off position but brake remains on so that your able to rotate drivers seat with brake applied...........

As these Vans are based on the 806, Synergie and Ulysse .....
Vans had this handbrake option (Although seat didn't swivel) but I think it stopped with the face lift......(Mine doesnt appear to have it but didnt try hard)

#3 2020-01-16 03:10:14

tee_cee

As vaz says you will need the subframe. From what I can tell the fixing points in the floor are the same across all the variants - however the fixing points on the seats to the subframe will be different. In effect the subframe is like an adapter between the seat and van floor.
In my 2002 expert the handbrake did not drop either, so swiveling the seat involved adjusting the seat to full height, and sliding it back as far as it would go to enable it to clear the handbrake. I guess you could just release the handbrake, but this was rarely practical.
In hindsight I would say that I only needed to swivel one seat and it should have been be the passenger seat.

#4 2020-01-16 13:37:41

seedy

Thanks VAZ and TeeCee!
Much as I suspected!
The 807 I got the seats from still has most parts so I am hoping to get both subframes and the handbrake (is this a straight swap does anyone know?). Also got to check if the seatbelts on my dispatch will slot into the 807 stalks or not, if not I will need seatbelts from 807 too!
As for power supply to the seats has anyone done this? Just wanting to find out easiest method.

Your assistance is very much appreciated as I know zilch about these vehicles (until now!!)
Cheers
Chris

#5 2020-01-16 15:05:19

OAT

The hand brake dropping to the floor but remaining on is a strange one. 
Mine ((98) has swivel seats but for the first two years I had it, the lever never droped to the floor.  Then out of the blue, it started doing it.  But within a couple of weeks, it stopped working alltogether.  I had to replace the lever and it's never dropped to the floor since.  Never worked out if it was a different lever or not.

I now carry wheel chocks to use when swiveling the drivers seat on a slope and reapply the handbrake when done.

#6 2020-01-16 15:30:30

seedy

OAT wrote:

The hand brake dropping to the floor but remaining on is a strange one. 
Mine ((98) has swivel seats but for the first two years I had it, the lever never droped to the floor.  Then out of the blue, it started doing it.  But within a couple of weeks, it stopped working alltogether.  I had to replace the lever and it's never dropped to the floor since.  Never worked out if it was a different lever or not.

I now carry wheel chocks to use when swiveling the drivers seat on a slope and reapply the handbrake when done.

Do the levers look identical (ones that drop and ones that don't)? - if not, how do you tell them apart?
On the ones that drop, what do you have to do to get it to drop? So many questions! Lol ! roll

#7 2020-01-16 18:31:04

vaz2121

seedy wrote:

Do the levers look identical (ones that drop and ones that don't)? - if not, how do you tell them apart?
On the ones that drop, what do you have to do to get it to drop? So many questions! Lol ! roll

Sounds as though factory was using up available stock they had of levers and interspersed them with others for Vans when production changed over

2 freinds of mine had/have these vans... one of each make between us you could say but they were both pre-face lift (a 99 and a 03) and their handbrake levers laid down...........
The hand brake levers looked identical to mine but I never had a close up study of them....
I presume it's some kind of internal MOD  to allow lever to free but the cable stays locked to rachet and brake remains applied.........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apply handbrake as norm..........
Then as per norm when releasing raise lever slightly to take pressure of button but rather than press... pull button out ward and lever should lie down flat

I used and was shown this method ...  used both hands to achieve this and I/we were stood outside van  (Made life easier at time)

(I'd go try mine again ........ but winds howling and it's chucking it down.........)

#8 2020-01-16 20:46:14

seedy

vaz2121 wrote:
seedy wrote:

Sounds as though factory was using up available stock they had of levers and interspersed them with others for Vans when production changed over

2 freinds of mine had/have these vans... one of each make between us you could say but they were both pre-face lift (a 99 and a 03) and their handbrake levers laid down...........
The hand brake levers looked identical to mine but I never had a close up study of them....
I presume it's some kind of internal MOD  to allow lever to free but the cable stays locked to rachet and brake remains applied.........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apply handbrake as norm..........
Then as per norm when releasing raise lever slightly to take pressure of button but rather than press... pull button out ward and lever should lie down flat

I used and was shown this method ...  used both hands to achieve this and I/we were stood outside van  (Made life easier at time)

(I'd go try mine again ........ but winds howling and it's chucking it down.........)

Haha ...same here! No problem, your description makes sense of it for me now!! Massive thanks - will try to get the original 807 handbrake from same car seats came from - presumably it will be a 'lie down' one!

Chris

Board footer