The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-04 20:32:37

shuggs

Leaking windscreen???

Have found a build up of water in passenger side footwell, it looks like water is dripping down from somewhere but other than windscreen is there any other places water could be coming from.

Van is a 2004 so would not be a surprise.

#2 2016-04-04 20:42:39

Casper

Re: Leaking windscreen???

Ariel is a good one on pugs. All my 306's leaked at some point. Silicon or buy a new seal. Is it definitely the passanger not the camber of the road making the van lean that direction as it could also be a door seal or even the area where the wiper blade motor sits. The drain holes fill with dead leafs and general road shit and if not cleaned out now and then they fill with water. Good money is on the ariel though.

#3 2016-04-04 21:13:39

Tiree
Administrator

Yep I had an aerial leak after my local garage reversed the van out their place without enough clearance.

Had me stumped for ages as the water seemed to appear everywhere / anywhere at different times depending on how I was driving. Eventually worked it out!

Siliconed it up 3 years ago and no bother since.

2006 Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDi bought in July 2013 - Partial camper conversion ........

DSC_0360-1.jpg

#4 2016-04-05 00:33:18

vaz2121

Casper wrote:

Ariel is a good one on pugs. All my 306's leaked at some point. Silicon or buy a new seal. Is it definitely the passanger not the camber of the road making the van lean that direction as it could also be a door seal or even the area where the wiper blade motor sits. The drain holes fill with dead leafs and general road shit and if not cleaned out now and then they fill with water. Good money is on the ariel though.

Yeah .. What he said ....... + standard height garage door or a roof rack and someone has been twisting ariel (base) to side to gain clearance as Tiree mentioned

Can you tell if its ever had a replacement screen

Something I'm going to have to watch out for myself shortly as I got a cracked screen when on my way back from Banbury at W/end

Last edited by vaz2121 (2016-04-05 00:40:21)

#5 2016-04-06 20:55:15

shuggs

Casper wrote:

It may be camber but tonight lifted rubber flooring as its been chucking it down here and above passenger footwell it was still dripping down a bit.  Hope to get a better look at aerial tomorrow.

#6 2016-04-07 08:39:40

shuggs

Had a quick look for vents but not sure where, more than one so am stuck, have found one either side that go into tubes, also found three at windscreen wipers but not sure where these go.

Will try and get pics later

#7 2016-04-07 17:11:08

Casper

Not sure about the window wiper but the other two will be them. Chuck a bucket of water in the well and see if it drains. Yes then you can write that one off, no clean out tubes with wire. They are only there to guide the draining water away from engine and prevent rust.

#8 2016-04-07 17:50:51

shuggs

IMG_0830%20-%20Copy.jpg
First the 2 'drain hoses', have checked and both of these are clear

IMG_0831%20-%20Copy.jpg

There are 3 of these 'covers' and they lead somewhere but dont know where, could this be the problem?

#9 2016-04-07 17:55:00

shuggs

IMG_0833%20-%20Copy.jpg

Had van in car park and when looking at it with a mate it looks as if the passenger side top corner has lifted slightly
IMG_0834%20-%20Copy.jpg
IMG_0835.jpg

Not sure if it will be possible to see from pics but maybe from right hand corner and 50mm along rubber is different from driver side

#10 2016-04-07 18:51:34

Casper

Get aq big hammer and hit that back down  big_smile

Silicon. Fill it up if you are sure its not coming through the ariel. You can get proper windscreen seal from Halfords but its almost the same shit. The Factory seal is under the glass so unless a crap replacement had been dont i am not convinced.

#11 2016-04-08 12:11:57

vaz2121

The windows are bonded in as Casper says and the rubber is just to centralize the glass in place and act as a finisher...........I'd be inclined to squirt  some waterproof goulash in there and stick down rubber as water is bound to be getting behind it and poss finding a breach..... but only time will tell.... my money's with Casper on Ariel but might as-well eliminate as many factors as poss

#12 2016-04-08 16:34:05

tee_cee

shuggs wrote:

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss24 … 20Copy.jpg
First the 2 'drain hoses', have checked and both of these are clear

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss24 … 20Copy.jpg

There are 3 of these 'covers' and they lead somewhere but dont know where, could this be the problem?

Lift the cover out and stick your hand in to the right, and there is another drain hole. It it should be dry, but if it is blocked then there will be water lying there. The other end of the rubber pipe is flat, so it does not take a lot to block it up.
I found this out last winter, when I lifted the front rubber floor, and found water - a lot of water. Had to get a dehumidifier, and run it for a week with the rubber lifted off the floor.

#13 2016-04-08 19:56:57

shuggs

Casper wrote:

Get aq big hammer and hit that back down  big_smile

Silicon. Fill it up if you are sure its not coming through the ariel. You can get proper windscreen seal from Halfords but its almost the same shit. The Factory seal is under the glass so unless a crap replacement had been dont i am not convinced.

Had look at ariel and it is dry.

Went to car parts store and got a small tube of clear RTV sealant.  Have put this on corner where i think problem is and as forecast is for wet tonight will check in the morning and fingers crossed all is good.

If so roll on sunday and I will have seats and flooring out to dry.

#14 2016-04-08 21:01:48

Casper

You should move east along the coast mate. Every time i look over the Firth  its bloody sunny heading towards Kikcaldy. Not that you want to live in there  big_smile

#15 2016-04-15 20:09:24

shuggs

Casper wrote:

You should move east along the coast mate. Every time i look over the Firth  its bloody sunny heading towards Kikcaldy. Not that you want to live in there  big_smile

Eh no thanks, spent 6 months working just along coast from there and it is a different (scary) world.

Update:
Put some silicon round top corner of window, seeing as how I had a tube I took ariel off (was dry underneath) and gave underneath a clean then refitted with some silicon.  Still had a slight leak so looked at two drain holes underneath covers and there was some water sitting there so forced some tubing with small baby bottle cleaning brush down it and all seems good now as there was a lot of crap in this tube (didnt have a clue where it went at first but helps using bright orange tubing wink ).  Have got a sink plunger/ blaster thing that I need to get a bit hose for (a few mm bigger than garden hose) then I will give these a good clean.

Weather is meant to be dry Sunday so flooring will be coming out to dry off.

Cheers to all

#16 2016-04-15 21:07:42

Casper

shuggs wrote:
Casper wrote:

Eh no thanks, spent 6 months working just along coast from there and it is a different (scary) world.

Aye, i spent six month working in the Strathearn Hotel in Kirkcaldy back in the late 80's. Back then it was a dodgy place.

BTW how is your heater or coolant water? Any chance your matrix or a hose has a leak?

#17 2016-04-18 20:12:12

shuggs

Casper wrote:

BTW how is your heater or coolant water? Any chance your matrix or a hose has a leak?

No looks all good.  Just had floor out for past 3 days drying out, what a pig of a job it is but all good now cool

#18 2016-04-18 20:20:19

Casper

shuggs wrote:
Casper wrote:

No looks all good.  Just had floor out for past 3 days drying out, what a pig of a job it is but all good now cool

What you got on the floor? Mine is just rubber. Won a seat on ebay yesterday so looking into carpet, just wondering if there was a factory carpet available.

#19 2016-04-18 20:24:26

shuggs

Just put the rubber back down, was still in good condition so once it had dried out happy days

#20 2016-04-21 07:39:13

vaz2121

Casper wrote:

What you got on the floor? Mine is just rubber. Won a seat on ebay yesterday so looking into carpet, just wondering if there was a factory carpet available.

The carpet on mine is a light grey caravan type stuff that's  Just laid over the standard rubber flooring and dirties/darkens quite easily.......... I thought but have as yet not looked to see whats down the breakers............. something out the front of a 806, Synergy or Ulysses?...........Maybe even the next generation 807....C8...?

Board footer