The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-09 01:17:09

lensworx

broken / lop sided drivers seat

Hi everyone

I am wondering if anyone has any experiance in regards to fixing a busted / lop sided drivers seat?
If it comes to it I can try and find a replacement but just wondered if there is anything can be done to fix the existing one?

it feels almost as if the entire side support section has dropped of been crushed some how

Any info or suggestions would be great.

TIA

Mark

#2 2020-02-09 01:48:12

OAT

Re: broken / lop sided drivers seat

Do you mean the support of the cushioning,  the seat frame, or the mounting?

#3 2020-02-10 01:26:23

lensworx

Sorry, the actual cushioning support. the side support bolster seems to have sagged / dropped /broken.

#4 2020-02-10 13:23:41

vaz2121

You should be able to remove the Swab/base cover by un-tucking it ? from the base  (Or removal of those curly staples first .... Also you might have to remove seat from vehicle)..............
As for the backrest it usually needs removing/separating first (Before being able to slide up cover etc and working on it and (Suck it and see) sometimes to gain full access to base) ............

If the Spongey part you sit on is "split or Sagging" you should be able to re-glue it together and strengthen it with adding fabric (glueing) over the split ......etc ............

If it's the frame it's self............
Welding up ? or straighten out and an appropriate sized, positioned and length of angle iron {welded on}to beef up frame now you have access...............

#5 2020-02-12 20:57:09

lensworx

thanks for the reply.
I may well remove the seat and take a better look. I am hoping to install the diesel heater under the drivers seat so will need removing anyway for that

Board footer