The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-06 12:33:03

monkeynut

air suspension bags

Hi all ,has anyone on here   replaced the air suspension bags on their WAV or swapped back to  standard steel

#2 2016-04-06 15:00:20

Casper

Re: air suspension bags

No but the new guy who i cant remember his name (Sorry new guy) upgraded his

http://blue-van.blogspot.co.uk/p/suspen … grade.html

#3 2016-04-06 17:19:02

vaz2121

I didn't know they did an Air suspension option on these vans....

I would imagine it will be as simple a conversion as poss on the van for cost reasons.... 
Does the van kneel down so to speak to make wheel chair ramp more level or is it purely for extra weight and keeping van level?

Most simple air bag set up will have a flat plate more or less instead of the spring mount  and most likely a pin that locates air bag to mount with no more than a R clip or split pin to hold in place..Usually the top locator is hollow and has the air feed(a bit like a metal tyre valve)  ....  If this is the case, replace spring mounts and add springs and it may be handy to keep on board compressor to blow up tyres ETC

I assume the bags are deflating or it giving you some sort of problem.........

I had Air Suspension on the artics and trailers I worked with and in all honesty the more simple the requirement the better .....
I much prefer the Air ride but the bags do perish over time and I've burst a couple over the years.....

Do you know if it's Factory or done during WAV conversion?

#4 2016-04-06 22:44:07

monkeynut

they where a conversion and they dont look that good had a advisery on last mot    was going to sort it out this month  but heart attack and bypass put pay to that idea , they take a good 8.10 hours to fully drop ran it for two years like that, its not a high end conversion its just figuring out what bags to get and type of fitting on pipes
bmw units look like them   but dont want  to fork out and be wrong when on the sick for months
bit of a headache

#5 2016-04-14 23:06:07

monkeynut

Decided to put springs back on  Managed to get a pair on ebay and he said he will throw in the mounts ,cups n rubbers
I will keep the compressor n  use it to inflate stuff like  tyres and my two inflatable canoes!

#6 2016-04-15 23:59:58

vaz2121

Sounds like a plan....I had a quick look only, but didn't find any WAV convertors that used Air ride (on MK1's)....... but your right air bags would be used on something like a BMW, Range Rover and some Discoverys used air ride on the rear, PITA  if you can't identify what there from........ Putting it back to steel is a fit and forget option sort of..... Air ride on the rear does appeal to me. (even if it's not entirely a sensible thought)....... would you consider posting some photos of Air bags ETC and the process returning back to steel ?

(It does appear to be a factory option on the second generation across the range)

Last edited by vaz2121 (2016-04-16 00:18:44)

Board footer