The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-22 18:30:42

Rondemole

Tow bar wiring route

Hey everyone,

I just put a tow bar on my 2010 expert, i know which wire is which and all that, and was just trying to figure out the best way to run the wiring without it being obvious. if anyone has any experience with this i would appreciate a few tips.

Cheers.

#2 2020-03-04 00:34:05

vaz2121

Re: Tow bar wiring route

For starters Sorry Ive no experiance in this generation as mine is a MK1 facelift............. That out the way......
The good old fashioned way was bring cable in as close to middle of car as possable  rust treat and gromet drilled hole and split the 7 wires to either side splicing in as appropriate to that tail light......
On my van from memorey cable runs to the left {Near side / passengers} and in through vent there  split and run under flooring and dressed {taped} as appropriate to respective side..... If that makes sense

This is where things these days get blurry for me as so many vehicles need a 7 way by-pass box and as I have a 7 pin fittment do you require a 13 pin and or does your vehicle have the plug and play loom fitment ..........
Sorry I don't know, but wiring wants tucked up taped or zip tied to towbar or bumper mounts etc up out of way for other reasons than just looking tidy...........

#3 2020-03-06 22:07:00

OAT

Looks like we missed this one.

I remember seeing the recommended routing in a manual a while back.  Pretty sure it went across behind bumper and forward to enter somewhere near the wheel arch.  I remember thinking why so specific and wondering if there might be a prepared entry there but no, it said to drill a hole.

#4 2020-03-07 09:42:06

Anchor1979
Website

I've fitted a towbar to my 2009, fairly straightforward to be fair. Although I did purchase the wiring kit from Peugeot and it is a plug and play piece of kit that fits just in front of the rear lights on the passenger side. The wiring goes from the towbar up through a grommet on the passenger side, literally through the floor. I've a few pictures I think somewhere, will try to post them up later.

#5 2023-04-13 18:26:26

JasonSivyer

Anchor1979 wrote:

I've fitted a towbar to my 2009, fairly straightforward to be fair. Although I did purchase the wiring kit from Peugeot and it is a plug and play piece of kit that fits just in front of the rear lights on the passenger side. The wiring goes from the towbar up through a grommet on the passenger side, literally through the floor. I've a few pictures I think somewhere, will try to post them up later.

Did you ever dig out those photos bud:

Im due to fit a tow bar to my 2011 MK2 but cant fid any guides. Need to see if mine has the officail wiring loom. If not I have done a few modern "ByPass" wiring jobs.

Jason,

Board footer