The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-19 15:29:54

unter
Website

DW8 1.9d dispatch mk1, fuel delivery problem, please help.

Engine runs and is reliable, but there is a loss of power, i have to do more throttle than i used to.
Once it actually stopped running, so i put a new fuel filter in, pumped the primer button,
and I thought it was fixed, but the power loss returned, and it wants to stall, it can always be helped by pressing the primer button a few times so thats great! all vehicles should have a manual pump button.

So anyway, it runs, but this power loss needs to be fixed, it must be something with the fuel pump or pipes, right??

monkey vano

#2 2020-03-19 17:42:39

zapgaz

Re: DW8 1.9d dispatch mk1, fuel delivery problem, please help.

Any fuel leaks or diesel smell under bonnet?

2000 DW8 Scudo tiny home

#3 2020-03-19 18:02:58

Casper

zapgaz wrote:

Any fuel leaks or diesel smell under bonnet?

That or air getting in. Filter housing lid clamp is a weak spot

#4 2020-03-20 01:11:30

vaz2121

unter wrote:

Engine runs and is reliable, but there is a loss of power, i have to do more throttle than i used to.
Once it actually stopped running, so i put a new fuel filter in, pumped the primer button,
and I thought it was fixed, but the power loss returned, and it wants to stall, it can always be helped by pressing the primer button a few times so thats great! all vehicles should have a manual pump button.

So anyway, it runs, but this power loss needs to be fixed, it must be something with the fuel pump or pipes, right??

Sounds lack of fuel............

Air lock ............. kinked pipe ........ lift pump............
Pretty much what everyone's saying...........

Also I'd tend to think did you get a bad fill is there water in filter or rubbish from bottom of suppliers tank (Dregs) .......
Same goes if you did same and unusually ran your tank low ..........

Fuel filter does it need changed, when was it last done .... if it's become manky for whatever reason - it'll rob flow and therfore power...........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To cut along story short........ At one time Because of a damaged stag pipe anything less than half a tank resulted in a loss of power

#5 2020-03-24 12:34:14

GRIFFIN

Like you said, you've changed the filter. I'd also be checking the security of the fuel filter lid but another possibility could be a blocked breather. Not sure if the breather on these is through the filler cap but if you take off the filler and drive it round a little, you will at least see if it helps.

Cheers, Griff.

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same

#6 2021-01-16 17:42:52

unter
Website

BTW as a follow up for anyone that may read this, I got a used injector fool pump from the bay, and fitted it, with new cam waterpump kit, paid to have them fitted, then discovered fuel stop solenoid was broken, not clicking, beautiful,  so..... cut it out with dremy drill.... switched it with the old one!, long story short, it runs, easystart spray helps!
still in process of testing it, but it runs! albeit slow like snail.
but she runs!
so, the pump was broken in many ways, internally wrecked, leaking near the cam side, bad pressure, etc, but she never actually gave up. anyway, new used pump is the way.
and may the gods of speed bless my journeys with solid reliabilty for many days to come and hence forth.

monkey vano

Board footer