The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-29 12:31:33

Ricko

Lost keys

Hi
Hope everyone is ok under the circumstances.
I've managed to mislay the keys for my van and despite turning the house upside down I cant find them.
What's the best course of action?
Cheers
Ricko

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#2 2020-03-29 15:03:09

kenbw2
Administrator

Re: Lost keys

Oh god, that's no good. Is the van locked?

Worth trying to ring Citroen, if just to find out worst case scenario.

I know when I lost the key (card) for a 2004 Renault they were willing to come out and do a new one for hundreds, but it was at least possible.

Last edited by kenbw2 (2020-03-29 15:04:27)

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#3 2020-03-29 18:09:52

tee_cee

As kenbw2 says try the dealer - but they will want you to come in and supply docs etc.
There are also people out there that have access to the vin/key database and will cut the keys for you.
As for the immobiliser you will need someone with a Lexia (try peugeotforums or frenchcarforum) and the security code for programming.
I have used Graham at http://www.radisol.com/car-keys-fobs-security/ for getting the programming security codes before, so maybe he could help.

#4 2020-03-29 22:37:20

Ricko

Thanks for your replies fellas.
It's been a nightmare.

Then I knocked one of my work boots over this evening and the keys came spilling out!!
How the hell they dropped in there, god knows!

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#5 2020-04-01 01:41:26

kenbw2
Administrator

Well they had to be somewhere! I bet you were going insane trying to *cough* retrace your steps (ba dum)

I lost my keys once while filling up on biodiesel. Got a load of it on my hands, went in the flat to wash it off, sat down, had a brew etc. Then went out to the car to get something, realised I'd left the keys outside, and they were gone!

Bollocks I thought. Someone has my keys, knows where my car is. So I removed the lock barrels, parked it up near a friend's while I waited for new locks to be delivered.

Fast forward literally two years later, I get a call from my letting agent. "Erm, we've just had some work done on your radiators. Have you lost a set of keys?".

And it dawned on me, I must've come in with keys in hand, dumped them on the radiator where they fell behind without me realising!

At least you found yours earlier! Bet you drew a massive sigh of annoyed relief!

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#6 2020-04-01 07:09:11

vaz2121

kenbw2 wrote:

Well they had to be somewhere! I bet you were going insane trying to *cough* retrace your steps (ba dum)

I lost my keys once while filling up on biodiesel. Got a load of it on my hands, went in the flat to wash it off, sat down, had a brew etc. Then went out to the car to get something, realised I'd left the keys outside, and they were gone!

Bollocks I thought. Someone has my keys, knows where my car is. So I removed the lock barrels, parked it up near a friend's while I waited for new locks to be delivered.

Fast forward literally two years later, I get a call from my letting agent. "Erm, we've just had some work done on your radiators. Have you lost a set of keys?".

And it dawned on me, I must've come in with keys in hand, dumped them on the radiator where they fell behind without me realising!

At least you found yours earlier! Bet you drew a massive sigh of annoyed relief!

That reminded me of Something I did about 12 ..13 years ago............. (Could have been 15)
I'd not long bought this particular car but the remote key with built in pliper was in a dreadful state ..............

The Car it's self was only 49 months old at the time and of course only one key............
I was at this stage still fending for myself and rebuilding life I suppose ...........My Partner wasn't (anyway) part of the equation at this time.............

Anyway : I'd had a cambelt fitted and as I said remote part of key was pitiful and on occasion refused to work...............
So this prompted me down the Dealership and get key rebuilt and recoded.............

After only replacing the tatty body and remote guts ........
instead of normal cost then of about £100 to fully replace I'd spent like £60..................

Next morning I was running late for planned departure of about 4.30 A.M.  ...........
Here's Me can't find car keys ............

I did eventually find them and IIRC ended up having to get later boat as I'd missed my booking..............
I'd left brand new key In trousers and (Full wash and spin) I'd stuck a washing on night before and here were keys now still in pocket and on clothes horse to dry for my anticipated return ..........

In about 3 or 4 days as I was only going as far as Nijmegen and was either getting fresh bacon or frozen chips out of Belgium from memorey ...........

Last edited by vaz2121 (2020-04-01 07:17:12)

Board footer