The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-01 15:18:13

Wizzer

Nearside Rear Door Hinges

Hi.

Hoping someone has some nearside rear door, upper and lower hinges available. Silver would be brilliant but Iv lost all hope trying to find some so any colour will do. The ones currently on are so stiff. When opening the nearside door you can see the body panel flex where the hinges are bolted too and its a bit of a struggle to open the door. So, If you have hinges that are free moving with no resistance, Id appreciate it if I could buy them. Will require postage during the current climate! Thanks.

#2 2020-04-02 20:43:22

OAT

Re: Nearside Rear Door Hinges

Could be the alignment slipped.

Never had to adjust rear doors but I think they must be adjustable.  Any signs of movement at the bolts?

#3 2020-04-02 22:24:36

Wizzer

The hinges are sealed units. I removed and tried dissembling (with a drill and chisel) both hinges and couldnt get them apart. In regards to alignment, there is minimal movement where the hinge bolts to the body. Once off, i soaked them in breakfree, heated them up and sprayed WD40 but even clamped in a vice and moving them with a foot long spanner they only just budge with a lot of force. Im assuming its all the crap off the road over the years. The offside hinges are perfect though!

#4 2020-04-03 21:41:05

OAT

Wow, you would think that treatment would free them up.  You would expect age and wear to loosen them rather than tighten.

Mind you, most examples you see have paint bubbling on the hinges.  I wonder if there is a degree of corrosion between the hinges and the hinge pins due to different materials .  Perhaps built up through lack of use?

Surely keep working with that long spanner and they must free up?

Not much use to you right now but I am eyeing up a scrapper at the moment.  Unfortunately it will be a long negotiation and I can't see me getting access until some semblance of normality returns.

#5 2020-04-04 14:22:47

Wizzer

Exactly what I thought. Yes I am assuming it is corrosion. With my van too, It had been sat for quite a while prior to purchase and the hinges have been stiff since so could be a contributing factor.

Tried again with the soaking in breakfree overnight then 10 mins with the spanner and since the heat treatment its ridiculously stiff!

Same problem I am having. The 4 people I have contacted on ebay have said the hinges are stiff (common issue I am told). The rest are either shut or don't have any!

Board footer