The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-28 20:25:36

solvemon

SOLVED: 2005 Scudo 2.0 JTD (RHX) - Weird noise from clutch or trans.

Hey guys

So about a week ago a weird, "scrapy" kinda noise started coming from what I believe is the clutch or gear box. The scraping sound changes when I engage the clutch, is present in all gears (including neutral) and pitches up to a sort of "whining" noise when the revs go up. Hard to explain in words, so I made a little video:

I was thinking maybe it could be the throw-out bearing? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: SOLVED

The problem was the throw-out bearing, it was completely worn down and needed replacement.
Re.: the other problem, getting it loose from the pressure-plate: I had to take of the pressure plate, and pry out a ring clip from the back to release the bearing.

Last edited by solvemon (2020-06-01 10:14:41)

2005 Scudo 2.0 JTD

#2 2020-04-28 20:40:00

Casper

Re: SOLVED: 2005 Scudo 2.0 JTD (RHX) - Weird noise from clutch or trans.

The ratchet type noise you sure its outside. I was thinking clutch pedal return spring and if you are sure its coming from outside/engine bay possibly the DMF is on the way out. Whining can be the clutch bearing yes.

#3 2020-04-28 22:16:22

vaz2121

solvemon wrote:

Hey guys

So about a week ago a weird, "scrapy" kinda noise started coming from what I believe is the clutch or gear box. The scraping sound changes when I engage the clutch, is present in all gears (including neutral) and pitches up to a sort of "whining" noise when the revs go up. Hard to explain in words, so I made a little video:

I was thinking maybe it could be the throw-out bearing? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

The Whirring in Neutral And changing note as you apply clutch is exactly INMHO your thrust/throw-out bearing as for whirring when moving I didn't really hear it but check the oil level in gearbox as I had a strange whir from the gearbox of our (DW8) 306 about 60,000miles ago and it turned out to be "next to no oil in gearbox"
(Still the same G-box "Lucky or what")

#4 2020-05-24 10:47:47

solvemon

Allright, update time!

So I went with the advice and started on the process of getting to the clutch.

Mostly, i followed the guide here: here and here. It seemed pretty straight forward, until the removal of the passenger-side drive shaft, which would absolutely not release from its bearing, even after several days of heavy persuation. In the end, I loosened the whole engine mount containing the bearing and off-side drive shaft. This allowed me enough room to get the GB out of way and access the clutch and throw-out bearing.

Just turning the bearing by hand, there is no doubt its bust. It is grindy and uneven.

Now to the next problem: It's stuck into the pressure plate, and I can't seem to get it to release. There seems to be some models of "pull-type-bearings" that come off quite easily, like this, but there doesn't seem to be any similar way to release mine from the pressure plate.

I'm really hoping I'm missing something, and there is some smart trick to this, any ideas?

Pics
clutch-tob-1.jpg
clutch-tob-2.jpg

2005 Scudo 2.0 JTD

Board footer