The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-27 12:51:43

JohanWinas

Lever for the recirculation of air? Spare part or diy solution?

I just got a new Expert, 2006 year, and the leaver for the air recirculation is broken off. I have repaired these units before but have run out of parts now.

Anyone know if these can be bought somewhere?
Or has anyone tried making a replacement part? I'm thinking of making a mould and melting some cans... Or maybe 3D print a part.

Suggestions?

#2 2020-04-29 00:10:31

OAT

Re: Lever for the recirculation of air? Spare part or diy solution?

Mine is an earlier model and might be totaly different.  It has what feels to be quite a strong mechanical lever which directly opens a flap in the dash.

Are you are talking about those plastic slider knobs

Sorry I can't  suggest  where  you might get them anyway except a scrapyard.,  just trying to clarify,

Last edited by OAT (2020-04-29 00:11:21)

#3 2020-04-29 10:42:50

vaz2121

I have a 2005 facelift van and will be of the same era.........
I had to go see If I had and I don't think in all the time I've had van I've actually used it............
So from that point of view I'm probably with OAT..........
In getting a cost effective replacement down the Breakers..........
Just to be sure is this what we're talking about........

DSCF0441-2.jpeg

#4 2020-04-29 11:26:33

OAT

vaz2121 wrote:

I had to go see If I had and I don't think in all the time I've had van I've actually used it

If you park up on a cold windy day you might try using that lever vaz.  It closes of the direct air flow from the intake and considerably reduces draughts.

Although the footwells still always remain a constant cold spot it does help.

#5 2020-04-29 21:23:19

JohanWinas

vaz2121 wrote:

Yepp, thats the one.
All the breakers here in Sweden are linked to an online site where they publish the parts they have for sale, there is 2 of these units as of today, both are older units without the recirculation lever, and they are asking around £250 for them. So thats not an option.

Its the pegs that stick out that the button attaches to that breaks off, seen it on many Experts. Bought a spare parts car a year ago for my old van, managed to fix the heater leaver that way. But the recirculation leaver is different on the back so even if I had one it would not work.

So I'm thinking of just replacing this with a hobby servo and doing a small circuit to control it with some push buttons. Cheeper but a bit more work.
But thats for next weeks work.

#6 2020-04-29 22:16:36

vaz2121

OAT wrote:
vaz2121 wrote:

I had to go see If I had and I don't think in all the time I've had van I've actually used it

If you park up on a cold windy day you might try using that lever vaz.  It closes of the direct air flow from the intake and considerably reduces draughts.

Although the footwells still always remain a constant cold spot it does help.

Can't say I've ever noticed it that draughty as I usually crack a window or 2 depending and of a night or pop/tilt the roof vent open, So they'd get blame and shut first but in saying that and on reading your post Iv'e just noticed in photo that I think the switch is already turned off the fresh air vent...............

#7 2020-04-29 22:35:09

vaz2121

JohanWinas wrote:
vaz2121 wrote:

Yepp, thats the one.
All the breakers here in Sweden are linked to an online site where they publish the parts they have for sale, there is 2 of these units as of today, both are older units without the recirculation lever, and they are asking around £250 for them. So thats not an option.

Its the pegs that stick out that the button attaches to that breaks off, seen it on many Experts. Bought a spare parts car a year ago for my old van, managed to fix the heater leaver that way. But the recirculation leaver is different on the back so even if I had one it would not work.

So I'm thinking of just replacing this with a hobby servo and doing a small circuit to control it with some push buttons. Cheeper but a bit more work.
But thats for next weeks work.

HHHHmmmmm not so handy.............

I wonder if you were to put a manual request (No Reg number) in this web ( https://www.1stchoice.co.uk/ ) page for part and telling them where you are and ask
1. if willing to post
2. quote for delivery cost or total inc part 

I don't think it'll be cheap but could be more cost effective...........
I've had parts luckly previous sent from Poland, Lithuania, Russia, Spain, Germany......
Cheaper and at times because it was only source available........

Web Link:~  https://www.1stchoice.co.uk/
and --------    https://www.247spares.co.uk/

Last edited by vaz2121 (2020-04-29 22:36:51)

Board footer