The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-24 11:53:45

nigelweepers

Hard Brakes (Intermittant) Hard Braking OK Slow Braking useless!!

Hi All
I have an interminnant Braking problem, If I am driving and need to do an emengency stop, My Expert stops, which is fine.
However, If, for example, I am approaching some traffic lights and need to slow down, my brake pedal goes hard, It seems like steady braking doesn't work but hard braking does.

Any advice or information?

Nigel

#2 2020-04-24 15:20:47

Casper

Re: Hard Brakes (Intermittant) Hard Braking OK Slow Braking useless!!

Mine does it also (Ish) With mine its only first time i have to brake in the morning after starting it up. Sometimes later in the day after being parked for a while. Mine its the master cylinder. The roll pin that hold the reservoir onto the M/C is missing. I do have another to put in but had that a few month now. One day big_smile

#3 2020-04-24 15:33:08

nigelweepers

Its been suggested that it could be te vacuum pupm, any idea where it is?

#4 2020-04-24 21:13:31

vaz2121

nigelweepers wrote:

Its been suggested that it could be te vacuum pupm, any idea where it is?

I had some thing similar and it turned out to be a vacuum leak ......
I sorted it by fitting a new  vacum line..........
I admit it was the first thing we tried but pipe did look a bit dog eared(was A VW Not the Van).............

(Can't say I've looked on a DW8 to be honest but the vacuum pumpis usually run of the end of the camshaft..........
But if you follow the vacuum pipe that comes out servo you'll find it)

#5 2020-05-04 01:05:09

eddie78

I used to have a simular problem on a Berlingo

After you let the van sit for few hours start up drive off and you would get a couple of brake presses then you would lose the brake servo so pedal went rock hard and made pulling up to junctions good fun then after a bit of reving she was fine for the rest of the day.

The problem was related to the vacuum pump they have a little sprung loaded ball to act as a check valve and it was sticking cleaned it all up and never had the problem again.

it is/was located on the pump you have the little spigot that the servo vac line pushed on, the spigot unscrewed from the pump and the sring and ball is in there.

but sounds like yours is only doing it on long steady braking so sounds like you have a vacuum leak.

start it up let run for a bit then engine off and see how many brake presses you get before the pedal goes hard you should get atleast 3/4 presses before you run out of vacuum assistance.

Board footer