The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-11 00:35:26

ScudoHack

Custom Steering wheel / Spine size

Hello people, new to the site, just wondering if you can help me as I've been searching the internet to no avail on this subject.

Proud new owner of a hard lived but honest ex plumbers 1.9 Scudo 2004, poor girl had a hard live and is a bit rough around the edges but I've spent a few days on her and cleaning the the grand old lady up nicely.

Question is though, the steering wheel is incredibly worn with chunks missing but I do have a 6 bolt custom steering wheel laying around that I've never used, wondering if anyone knows what size or hub adapter I'd need to fit it, being a van this isn't really a common thing but does it share the same parts as other fiat models? If so which ones?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to future discussions!

#2 2020-05-11 12:56:39

Anchor1979
Website

Re: Custom Steering wheel / Spine size

Hi scudohack, welcome  to the forum.

As far as sharing parts with other models from the fiat camp, you might find the fiat ulysse shares alot of parts with the scudo. Pretty certain they will both share the same steering column, but of course I may stand corrected.

I know that my 2009 experts steering wheel was a straight swap with one from a 207cc.

#3 2020-05-11 13:27:51

Anchor1979
Website

Fiat ulysse steering wheel on ebay:
Steering Wheel

I have looked at the expert of the same era, and from what I can tell, a steering wheel from another vehicle of the same type may well fit.

#4 2020-05-11 19:47:22

vaz2121

Anchor1979 wrote:

Steering Wheel

I have looked at the expert of the same era, and from what I can tell, a steering wheel from another vehicle of the same type may well fit.

You may well be correct however ............. all 3 versions at the time (Fiat, Citroen, and Peugeot )  assembled in same facility ..............

But essentially The Fiat Scudo, Citroen Dispatch/Jumpy and Peugeot Expert MK1's anyway are Based on the "Eurovans" of Ulysee, synergee and 806 {Lancia Zeta/Phedra}................

So all are basically a rebadged version of The PSA product ..........
Oddities being trim variants  and Price {Like VW & Skoda/Seat} Something tells me the only Diesel engine used regardless of brand  was Is/A PSA..........
{Big Brothers [Relay/Jumper,Boxer and Ducato] get the 2.2ltr Diesel ............ But only The Ducato will give you the option of a 2.3 ltr (A Fiat 2.3 if you want to pay for it!)

(So you might just find it's the whole PSA Group to choose from)

#5 2020-05-11 21:16:58

Casper

vaz2121 wrote:
Anchor1979 wrote:

Steering Wheel

You may well be correct however ............. all 3 versions at the time (Fiat, Citroen, and Peugeot )  assembled in same facility ..............

But essentially The Fiat Scudo, Citroen Dispatch/Jumpy and Peugeot Expert MK1's anyway are Based on the "Eurovans" of Ulysee, synergee and 806 {Lancia Zeta/Phedra}................

So all are basically a rebadged version of The PSA product ..........
Oddities being trim variants  and Price {Like VW & Skoda/Seat} Something tells me the only Diesel engine used regardless of brand  was Is/A PSA..........
{Big Brothers [Relay/Jumper,Boxer and Ducato] get the 2.2ltr Diesel ............ But only The Ducato will give you the option of a 2.3 ltr (A Fiat 2.3 if you want to pay for it!)

(So you might just find it's the whole PSA Group to choose from)

You got a 2.8 in the boxers. Its the model i was looking at before the LDV. Think its the same 2.8 that wend in the Iveco Daily

#6 2020-05-11 22:42:47

vaz2121

Casper wrote:

You got a 2.8 in the boxers. Its the model i was looking at before the LDV. Think its the same 2.8 that wend in the Iveco Daily

Yes I do believe you are correct which I think made it the Sofim diesel (Renault/Fiat development) although here Badged as a HDI............
{A Half decent Motor}....

I think could be wrong.... Where the current 2.3L and 3.0L are derived

Last edited by vaz2121 (2020-05-11 22:46:38)

#7 2021-06-22 01:55:32

ScudoHack

Sorry for the thread bump lads, just wanted to update on this in case anyone wants to go this route in the future.

Turns out the sparco BOSS hub kit for

CITROEN EVASION
FIAT ULYSSE
LANCIA ZETA
PEUGEOT 605
PEUGEOT 806

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293785525501

Fits perfectly as many said it would sharing many parts with these vehicles.

Thanks for the help.

#8 2021-06-22 22:25:29

Ricko

My steering wheel was scruffy, so scrubbed it and fitted a 'boy racer' steering wheel cover, the type that you sew on. It's lasted 5 hrs and only now looks tatty.

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#9 2021-06-23 11:37:36

ScudoHack

Ricko wrote:

My steering wheel was scruffy, so scrubbed it and fitted a 'boy racer' steering wheel cover, the type that you sew on. It's lasted 5 hrs and only now looks tatty.

I did that too, but the wheel underneath was so disgusting with chunks missing it just didn't work, plus my sewing is lets say; not grannys. I wanted a oem replacement but the prices on ebay are getting to the point of sheer stupidity, literally close to 80 quid for a used one that wasn't even cleaned.

#10 2021-07-03 23:20:42

Pieceofstring

I got one for a 806 from demon tweeks fits any aftermarket wheel. I fitted a smaller steering wheel with a flat bottom. Fitted a treat.

Board footer