The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-13 21:15:56

Colinpringle

Dispatch 2006 19d vac pump failure

I was driving home tonight and dash lights came on so stopped van noticed alternator belt had broke, the notice oil all over the engine compartment and on the ground, looked further to see vacuum pump had sheared off the end of the cam shaft and it was hanging down the casing was broken and inners were broken does this look terminal I can’t see if the timing belt is in tact or not any help.

#2 2020-05-14 18:08:07

vaz2121

Re: Dispatch 2006 19d vac pump failure

Colinpringle wrote:

I was driving home tonight and dash lights came on so stopped van noticed alternator belt had broke, the notice oil all over the engine compartment and on the ground, looked further to see vacuum pump had sheared off the end of the cam shaft and it was hanging down the casing was broken and inners were broken does this look terminal I can’t see if the timing belt is in tact or not any help.

It doesn't sound clever I'm really unsure what the conection is with a broken (Fan) Drive belt  and the Vacum pump from the end of the cam shaft is ?  ..........

I would be inclined to find out if the cam belt is intact and see by turning by hand if it locks during  A full revolution.........

It may have been the Vacum pump that Sh** itself and hence why it's dangling

Board footer