The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-04 17:50:05

JohanWinas

Drive shaft hub nut, how hard should it be?

I need to replace my CV boot, and later my clutch. For this I need to get the drive shaft out of the hub, and for this undo the nut holding it in place.

I got a 35mm impact socket that fits, but so far I have not managed to make the nut budge, it's stuck good.
I,ve tried with a 1m tube to get some leverage, but that did not help.

A friend has a Milwaukee impact rated at 2300nM, that should do it, but to use it I need to buy adapters since the machine is 1" and the socket is 1/2", those adapters are not cheep.

Any suggestions, tricks or tips??

#2 2020-05-04 18:06:32

Casper

Re: Drive shaft hub nut, how hard should it be?

Stick the wheel back on and lower the van then try. This should help with leverage and dance on that bar. Dont take nut off till you lift the van again obviously

#3 2020-05-04 18:28:29

vaz2121

JohanWinas wrote:

I need to replace my CV boot, and later my clutch. For this I need to get the drive shaft out of the hub, and for this undo the nut holding it in place.

I got a 35mm impact socket that fits, but so far I have not managed to make the nut budge, it's stuck good.
I,ve tried with a 1m tube to get some leverage, but that did not help.

A friend has a Milwaukee impact rated at 2300nM, that should do it, but to use it I need to buy adapters since the machine is 1" and the socket is 1/2", those adapters are not cheep.

Any suggestions, tricks or tips??

They are on tight and as Casper said put wheel on ground and use your body weight to push down on extension tube......

Unless your already using one a 1m long "Breaker Bar" with 1/2" drive and your tube should give a vast amount of torque............
Careful though Use impact sockets......
{I broke a socket {split open} using a breaker bar while tightening the bolt of a tow ball}

If you need to use an extension to bring bar out from vehicle body...........

support bar end with some thing {stack of bricks even} So not to slip off nut or start rounding it off

#4 2020-05-08 21:47:38

JohanWinas

Got the nut loose today.
Plenty of heat (only on the nut and not the shaft or hub) and then a Milwaukee 1" impact delivering 2300Nm. Took some time but got it in the end. It would not budge without the heat.

Anyone seen a number on how much torque these should be done up with?

#5 2020-05-08 22:35:35

Ricko

I keep getting advisory notices each MOT for my CV boots, I'll be interested to hear how you get on replacing them.

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#6 2020-05-14 10:51:01

steve the grease

A lenth of scaffolding pole on the end of a 3/4" b breaker bar does the trick every time. They need to be done up tight.

#7 2020-07-28 00:56:55

Stu-D
Website

Hmm, On mines after i rebuilt the CV's after 4 weeks of back and forth with the driveshaft/CV lot, I torqued to about 160, put the cap on the nut and the secure/split pin, not had a problem since, you sure you need that much torque? Indeed I think I treated it like a Mk4 golf 1st which is what caused me the hub/cv etc problems lol.

Board footer