The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-14 15:25:20

AB_70
Member
Registered: 2020-04-28
Posts: 30

New Alloys from a 407

Hi All

New to the forum, just bought an ex plasterer’s 2004 Dispatch with 94k miles on the clock. Going to be my lockdown project!

I’ve seen on the forum 407 alloys fit, so bought myself a set form eBay. The stud pattern lines up fine, but the lugs are a slightly bigger gauge than the rim. That, and the rim likes a flat bed stud rather than countersunk.

I’ve got a few ideas flying around, but hoped someone can steer me right. Any help appreciated, looking forward to getting them on!

Cheers !

And how do you post pics here?

Offline

#2 2020-05-14 15:55:59

Tiree
Administrator
From: Galloway
Registered: 2013-09-20
Posts: 317

Re: New Alloys from a 407

Welcome!

I've only ever had the steel rims on mine so I'm afraid I can't help on that front - someone will be along soon with some ideas no doubt!

As for pics - below where you're typing your post you should see a link called Uploads.

You can upload pics there then click on Insert [to add the full size photo] or Insert Thumbnail [for a wee version]

Shout if any problems  wink


2006 Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDi bought in July 2013 - Partial camper conversion ........

DSC_0360-1.jpg

Offline

#3 2020-05-14 16:26:20

Anchor1979
Member
From: Congleton, Cheshire
Registered: 2016-04-02
Posts: 137
Website

Re: New Alloys from a 407

Hi AB_70, Welcome along to the forum.

I put a set of alloys from a 807, straight swap from memory and I got the wheel nuts in with the wheels when I purchased them from ebay. It's been a while since then and I've swapped van as well.

Online

#4 2020-05-14 17:52:13

vaz2121
Member
From: SW. Scotland
Registered: 2015-08-31
Posts: 924

Re: New Alloys from a 407

AB_70 wrote:

Hi All

New to the forum, just bought an ex plasterer’s 2004 Dispatch with 94k miles on the clock. Going to be my lockdown project!

I’ve seen on the forum 407 alloys fit, so bought myself a set form eBay. The stud pattern lines up fine, but the lugs are a slightly bigger gauge than the rim. That, and the rim likes a flat bed stud rather than countersunk.

I’ve got a few ideas flying around, but hoped someone can steer me right. Any help appreciated, looking forward to getting them on!

Cheers !

And how do you post pics here?

Welcome along
I assume the "flat bed stud"  you speak of will be of a spigot  type

There may be a possibility that studs from a 407 it's self will be of the same thread pitch  and fit the van
(I've fitted a set of "Tornado alloys ?" to my 306 originally from a 306 GTI 6  but I was offered them when fitted to a 205 Peugeot along with the original wheel studs also used on the 205).............

Maybe you could try one (407 Alloy wheel stud) first see if it works ?
{ An eB** search for a set of studs along with a google research may also provide an answer)

Offline

#5 2020-05-14 19:14:07

16vdady
Member
Registered: 2020-05-06
Posts: 10

Re: New Alloys from a 407

I looked at the Peugeot wheels when I was looking for wheels. That is why I went Alfa wheels as a straight fit with the same bolts.
From previous experience I think the Peugeot wheels should bolt straight on but with the appropriate bolts that should come with the wheels/Peugeot. A funny flat bolt with washers on. Think most Peugeot’s of that time with alloy wheels fitted used these bolts. But the steel wheeled Peugeot’s come with a normal cone/tappered bolt.
Hope that makes sense and helps?

Offline

#6 2020-05-15 10:20:22

AB_70
Member
Registered: 2020-04-28
Posts: 30

Re: New Alloys from a 407

Tiree wrote:

Welcome!

I've only ever had the steel rims on mine so I'm afraid I can't help on that front - someone will be along soon with some ideas no doubt!

As for pics - below where you're typing your post you should see a link called Uploads.

You can upload pics there then click on Insert [to add the full size photo] or Insert Thumbnail [for a wee version]

Shout if any problems  wink


Brilliant, cheers Tiree ?

Offline

#7 2020-05-15 10:28:36

AB_70
Member
Registered: 2020-04-28
Posts: 30

Re: New Alloys from a 407

Thanks guys

I did buy a set of the flat Peugeot studs but they’re a smaller gauge.  Other option is to use long thread versions of the Dispatch nuts. I know the seating on the rim will be different, but with five studs correctly tightened I. An see there being an issue. I’ll sit on it for now, I’ve got some leather seats from an XF Jaguar, that’s this weekend’s project.

I’ll see if I can post a pic of how she will look when I work out the 407 wheel issue. That said there’s some nice black alloys from a 157 Alfa on eBay!

Cheers and what a great forum this is!  ?

98CEE583-BA2B-4EEB-B788-D756A9A80515.jpeg98CEE583-BA2B-4EEB-B788-D756A9A80515.jpeg98CEE583-BA2B-4EEB-B788-D756A9A80515.jpeg98CEE583-BA2B-4EEB-B788-D756A9A80515.jpeg98CEE583-BA2B-4EEB-B788-D756A9A80515.jpeg

Offline

#8 2020-05-15 10:33:24

AB_70
Member
Registered: 2020-04-28
Posts: 30

Re: New Alloys from a 407

Definitely need practice posting pics here!

I’ll try again, these are the seats as they are:

5DA0036E-E3CE-41FD-A205-192F86B78496.jpeg

And here’s what’s going in:

4DA5AA4B-7D1A-412E-A603-7CA163828945.jpeg

Cheers ?

Offline

#9 2020-05-15 11:42:00

vaz2121
Member
From: SW. Scotland
Registered: 2015-08-31
Posts: 924

Re: New Alloys from a 407

AB_70 wrote:

Thanks guys

I did buy a set of the flat Peugeot studs but they’re a smaller gauge.  Other option is to use long thread versions of the Dispatch nuts. I know the seating on the rim will be different, but with five studs correctly tightened I. An see there being an issue. I’ll sit on it for now, I’ve got some leather seats from an XF Jaguar, that’s this weekend’s project.

I’ll see if I can post a pic of how she will look when I work out the 407 wheel issue. That said there’s some nice black alloys from a 157 Alfa on eBay!

Cheers and what a great forum this is!  ?

98CEE583-BA2B-4EEB-B788-D756A9A80515.jpeg


Personally I think the Van really suits those 5 Spokes ...........
I don't know where but you should be able to find what size stud the Van has :~I.E M12x1.25 Thread pitch ETC .............
(which may not be far away)
Then your on the hunt for a similar stud that'll fit an do the Job.........

{I discovered years ago that wheel nuts off a Nissan Micra Fitted My lada Niva 4x4}

Iv'e had the thought..........
DSCF0487.jpeg
This is a knackered wheel stud of my 306 {Cyclone alloys Not Tornado I have since been informed}

My thought is recently kenbw2 fitted alloys to his van from a 806 [eurovan] or something like that ......
was it a similar style stud and is it that style you need ?

Offline

#10 2020-05-15 12:11:03

vaz2121
Member
From: SW. Scotland
Registered: 2015-08-31
Posts: 924

Re: New Alloys from a 407

Offline

#11 2020-05-15 12:51:29

AB_70
Member
Registered: 2020-04-28
Posts: 30

Re: New Alloys from a 407

16vdady wrote:

I looked at the Peugeot wheels when I was looking for wheels. That is why I went Alfa wheels as a straight fit with the same bolts.
From previous experience I think the Peugeot wheels should bolt straight on but with the appropriate bolts that should come with the wheels/Peugeot. A funny flat bolt with washers on. Think most Peugeot’s of that time with alloy wheels fitted used these bolts. But the steel wheeled Peugeot’s come with a normal cone/tappered bolt.
Hope that makes sense and helps?

What year is your van? I’ve just realised something else, the 407 centres bore is 10mm bigger than the van’s so its a non starter.

Looks like Alfa wheels are the go. Mine seems to have 14mm studs too and I’m told standard is 12mm so that has me stumped too.

Cheers

Offline

#12 2020-05-15 12:55:55

AB_70
Member
Registered: 2020-04-28
Posts: 30

Re: New Alloys from a 407

vaz2121 wrote:

I agree Vaz, I think the 5 spokes look a treat!

Thanks for the link, that would do the trick if I can source longer bolts. Although now I’ve just realised the centres hole’s ten mm bigger on the alloys, doh!

Offline

#13 2020-05-15 13:19:55

vaz2121
Member
From: SW. Scotland
Registered: 2015-08-31
Posts: 924

Re: New Alloys from a 407

I wouldn't have thought a larger center bore a great issue (better than too small)..............
But if it's about centering the wheel while bolting up you can get plastic press fit spigot rings for that very job..............
and yes I've found out the wheel bolt size for a Van is .......... M14 x 1.5 .....
"Don't know what the required length would be"

Offline

#14 2020-05-17 00:12:46

AB_70
Member
Registered: 2020-04-28
Posts: 30

Re: New Alloys from a 407

vaz2121 wrote:

I wouldn't have thought a larger center bore a great issue (better than too small)..............
But if it's about centering the wheel while bolting up you can get plastic press fit spigot rings for that very job..............
and yes I've found out the wheel bolt size for a Van is .......... M14 x 1.5 .....
"Don't know what the required length would be"

Sadly Vaz, and with a dose of embarrassment, I noted today the stud pattern doesn’t match!

50 years old, you’d think I’d know better! After a few more Google searches I now know the 407 rims only fit post 2006 vans. That’s mine back on eBay!  big_smile

Really appreciate all the tips, and I’m gutted they don’t fit! At £120 I had a bargain.

Offline

#15 2020-05-17 00:19:08

AB_70
Member
Registered: 2020-04-28
Posts: 30

Re: New Alloys from a 407

Anchor1979 wrote:

Hi AB_70, Welcome along to the forum.

I put a set of alloys from a 807, straight swap from memory and I got the wheel nuts in with the wheels when I purchased them from ebay. It's been a while since then and I've swapped van as well.

Thanks for the tip. All helps!

Offline

#16 2020-05-17 17:54:32

Anchor1979
Member
From: Congleton, Cheshire
Registered: 2016-04-02
Posts: 137
Website

Re: New Alloys from a 407

AB_70, my old van was a 53 plate, not sure if that makes much difference

I like the seats you've gone for they will look nice in there. I've a set of 207cc leather seats I'm currently in the process of fitting to my current van, a 2009 expert.

Online

#17 2020-05-18 08:55:40

vaz2121
Member
From: SW. Scotland
Registered: 2015-08-31
Posts: 924

Re: New Alloys from a 407

AB_70 wrote:

Sadly Vaz, and with a dose of embarrassment, I noted today the stud pattern doesn’t match!

50 years old, you’d think I’d know better! After a few more Google searches I now know the 407 rims only fit post 2006 vans. That’s mine back on eBay!  big_smile

Really appreciate all the tips, and I’m gutted they don’t fit! At £120 I had a bargain.

Seems a real shame is it too late or if they don't sell ............
A set of those flat alloy washers and those wobbly wheel bolts...........
Would that do the trick.............

It's getting a long way for a short cut I know...........

I also like those seats you've got for van {What they out of ?} unless you already have one a single seat subframe is needed for install.........
It'll lift the interior of Van quite a bit are you for fitting a swivel base also.............

Don't forget some photos....
Show us what you did and how you got on  big_smile ...............

I've been making some little efforts to clean the fabric of both front seats.............
cant believe how much dirt keeps coming out drivers side ................

Last edited by vaz2121 (2020-05-18 09:00:46)

Offline

#18 2020-05-26 11:08:40

AB_70
Member
Registered: 2020-04-28
Posts: 30

Re: New Alloys from a 407

vaz2121 wrote:
AB_70 wrote:

Sadly Vaz, and with a dose of embarrassment, I noted today the stud pattern doesn’t match!

50 years old, you’d think I’d know better! After a few more Google searches I now know the 407 rims only fit post 2006 vans. That’s mine back on eBay!  big_smile

Really appreciate all the tips, and I’m gutted they don’t fit! At £120 I had a bargain.

Seems a real shame is it too late or if they don't sell ............
A set of those flat alloy washers and those wobbly wheel bolts...........
Would that do the trick.............

It's getting a long way for a short cut I know...........

I also like those seats you've got for van {What they out of ?} unless you already have one a single seat subframe is needed for install.........
It'll lift the interior of Van quite a bit are you for fitting a swivel base also.............

Don't forget some photos....
Show us what you did and how you got on  big_smile ...............

I've been making some little efforts to clean the fabric of both front seats.............
cant believe how much dirt keeps coming out drivers side ................

Apologies for the tardy response.  Sadly, I didn't do sufficient homework and the stud pattern was incorrect for my '04 Dispatch.  Just sold on eBay (at a £20 loss, ouch, lesson learned sad ) They're off to a new home in South Wales, a 2008 high roof Scudo.

I'd have loved a swivel base, but none (well, none reasonably priced, were out there) but I've opted to get some steel sub-frames engineered, I took the sensible route there smile )  Just waiting on them, pics to follow.  Oh they're from an XF Jaguar, very comfy!

On another note, I'm just putting in some design work for the back, optimising the space for a camper.  Nothing too radical, no sink / cooking.  I'l post pics of progress over the next few weeks.

Thanks again for your help! smile

Offline

#19 2020-05-26 11:09:55

AB_70
Member
Registered: 2020-04-28
Posts: 30

Re: New Alloys from a 407

Anchor1979 wrote:

AB_70, my old van was a 53 plate, not sure if that makes much difference

I like the seats you've gone for they will look nice in there. I've a set of 207cc leather seats I'm currently in the process of fitting to my current van, a 2009 expert.

G'day Anchor.  Nice, what are they out of? Keep of posted with progress!  smile

Offline

Board footer