The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-10 10:39:34

lydecker777

Oil pump

smile  hi anyone know the difference between  oil pumps ? My supplier has two listed for my 2003 1.9 van , was wondering if anyone knew the differences cheers

#2 2020-07-04 02:14:20

JohnDragonMan
Website

Re: Oil pump

from what i remember, not much. i did an engine swap on a 1990 citroen BX (1.7 TD) and used a 2002 XUD (1.9 TD) engine. the original engine was very low miles so i swapped over everything i could including oil pump.
the only thing i remember is that one needed a steel gasket when it was bolted in place and one did not.

given the DW8 uses the same oil pump as the XUD that is! they all seem to be pretty similar.

the original cause of the engine swap was a almost 30 year old cam belt failing. i did buy the car with the snapped belt.

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

Board footer