The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-12 00:35:28

Casper

Arse

Went to fill the wifes car up the other night and could not get the pump nozzle in the filler. Seen a green plastic thing in there what would not budge and it looked like it fell off the filler cap and got stuck so was managing to get the fuel in slowly. 13 bloody quid later it clicked FU**, this is a petrol car.  yikes  Stopped and managed another £7 or petrol in it as i only had 20 on me. Took it for a run and it died on me sad Got a mate to tow me home  and luckily he has a 12v pump to sook the fuel out so away we went looking out as much containers as we could find and went to work. Got the tank drained and struck a gallon of petrol in and the bugger would not start. Sprayed some break and clutch cleaner into the air box and it soon fired into life. I swear the car is a lot smoother now but anyway. I now have 40lt of 50/50 petrol/diesel mix to use as im not wasting it (True Jock)

10lt in now running it through my Dispatch with the Delphi pump and no issues. Got a spare filter just in case the petrol clears any shite from the tank or pipes but as its about 3lt of petrol to the full thank i cant see any long term problems cay you???

#2 2020-07-12 00:49:59

JohnDragonMan
Website

Re: Arse

yeah should be good. i work in a scrap yard. though not a vehicle scrap yard we do get the odd car come through. so i always try to get what i can from them. im always cutting fuel with what i can.

have a great interest in making a thing called "black diesel" out of old engine oil. easy to do if you have a centrifuge wink

heh bit of a story when i had an old 306 estate. the day i bought the car, the place i work at had a load of scrap transformers come in. huge things. full of (non PCB) mineral oil.
cut a long story short that XUD engine did about 4000 miles on the £20 of diesel it came with.
as for its performance. all i can say is rocket fuel. never had a stock XUD so quick. - no smoke too. and the best of it, it passed a tank dip test as its the correct colour big_smile only had to add diesel when it got below 5.c as it was like wax in the fuel filter till it warmed up.

maybe best to stop talking now..  ahem.

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#3 2020-07-12 11:21:24

Casper

I would be running all sorts through it myself its just this pump worries me. Funny we were grabbing any old containers we could so there is a bit of 10W40, Veg oil, petrol and using a container i use to mix week killer in. If the tank was any larger an old fabric softener tub was getting used next big_smile Van is going to get a good 120 mile run today so i may just change the filter after i get back just in case. Cant afford to have the van off the road

#4 2020-08-07 13:02:16

vaz2121

Sorry I'm late to the party

You should be fine ... over the years I've added petrol, parafin etc to help with the diesel from waxing in winter......
If were talking a full tank diesel tip in as much as a 1/4 tank ........
If neat petrol .........A gallon to a full tank to be safe (parafin or kero is beter at lowering waxing temp as it is oily and helps lube pump...if that's usage)
You should be pretty safe at that if its a 50/50 mix..........

I froze up in Germany in the early mid 90's and added 40 ltrs of Benzin (petrol) to help stop waxing.....
So 10% for me at time and we hit Lows of -28.c.........
Which IIRC was quite painfull to breath in (Unmasked) and feel everything freezing on way down........

I've also Stupidly without adverse affects filled main tank on lorry with diesel and second smaller tank with kero (parafin) = total of 600ltrs......
(Running two pumps to save time [haha] and assuming all was Diesel)
That was more of a 30% mix ............. So I'd recon you'll be OK........

#5 2020-08-07 13:23:45

vaz2121

JohnDragonMan wrote:

have a great interest in making a thing called "black diesel" out of old engine oil. easy to do if you have a centrifuge wink

Had a Mate who had a Dti diesel Vauxhall  at time who collected as much old engine oil as he could ...........
He was particular about his source and the oil storage.........
He sieved through muslin (was his prefered) or if not an old kitchen sieve at a push..........
Cut it with some (ahem cherry) Diesel and easily covered 10,000 + mls a yr with this discounted mix.........

Downside was every thing got black and filter changes were twice as frequent as norm but that was more his choice...............

#6 2020-08-09 17:38:31

Casper

Funny as i just stuck another 5lt of this petrol/diesel mix in today. Not running more than 5lt to the tank but the van has took it well. Never needed the new fuel filter i bought just in case the petrol started to clean crap through. Only 10lt left.

#7 2020-08-09 19:30:40

vaz2121

Casper wrote:

Funny as i just stuck another 5lt of this petrol/diesel mix in today. Not running more than 5lt to the tank but the van has took it well. Never needed the new fuel filter i bought just in case the petrol started to clean crap through. Only 10lt left.

I'd be more inclined to say it's the diesel that does the flushing through bit............

I've got the Ex-Mrs 96 Diesel golf Awaiting an engine rebuild after it was to some extent thrashed for about 2-3 years (10,000mls worth of daily driving and Banger rallies) kicking about that I had to give as part of the Settlement and that my eldest ended up with and I rescued from the hedge it had been parked in sort of for 8 yrs when the Ex had her mothers house sold from under her to cover Death duties that her and 4 other siblings were still arguing over after 10 years and my Daughter Didn't want to send to scrap even though her mother told her too.... to stop me getting hands on it (allegedlly).......

(Think this through:~ Even though I gave my Daughter a wad of money (About 3 times scrap value) Her mother told me that "I was Such a Cu ** profiting off my Kids"...
And "I should have fixed it up 3 or 4 years earlier like I'd been asked" ............ I pointed out that it was you who Refused to give me the keys to allow that to happen...
My reply was :~ "I didn't want you to drive after it was done Because your such a Bar Steward")................. big_smile

Sorry I digress She stuck petrol in it on more than one occaion without any Ill affects............

Where as I Did assist and put a Diesel into what started life as a petrol..... about the mid late 90's ............. The petrol tank in it used for Diesel now ........ And the Diesel we were told by an older diesel  fitter(As we had not much idea what was wrong) had started to soften up and flush through all the petrol varnish that had built up over the years in the system and was basically starving the engine of fuel ..... It did this fairly quickly IIRC.........

As an aside : After freezing up in Germany we were Chasing for the Boat out of Zeebrugge......... And I swear to God when it was getting the Beans on the Brussels ring road .....we were convinced there was a glow out the tail pipe  from what we could see it was running about 10 degrees at least hotter..... (But we Did have some Electrical issues after they tried to set us on fire when thawing us out)

Board footer