The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-03 09:21:04

Paul71

Peugeot expert interior lighting

Hello guys,
Im new to the site and wondered if anyone could help with my lighting issue.

I have a 2005 Peugeot expert 2.0 HDI. I have owned this for two years and it is a superb van. It is used to run our commercial cleaning business.

When I bought the van the interior lights in the rear never worked. I tested the wires and there was no power to them. Rather than mess about I just installed battery powered lighting but it's not great. I'm after installing an LED strip in the back as we work until 11pm and it's a nightmare seeing anything.

Had the wires that were connected to the original light been live, I'd have branched off them. As they aren't I'm unsure how to wire light in to the back. The front interior light works and if I remember correctly, th rear lights are on the same fuse, so the fuse is fine. I tried to trace the wire from the rear but it runs to the back corner and then disappears across the back to somewhere. I can't even find any switches on the rear doors that would operate the rear lights when the doors open so I'm a bit puzzled.

If anyone could give me any pointers with this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

#2 2020-09-03 16:28:50

unter
Website

Re: Peugeot expert interior lighting

yes i have th same problem, the lights in te back of my 1.9d dispatch look stock, but  have no wires going to them, and the rear doors have no switch, i think the vans come with lights clicked in, but not wired up, and no door mechansims to activate them.
so i guess if we really want light in the back, we have to conjure up our own door switch and power, etc. i just use a led strip light that goes around the entire roof edges, it plugs into the 12v cigarette socket.

monkey vano

#3 2020-09-03 21:34:26

woodbine

Hi Paul, and welcome to the forum.

My 2004 Scudo has a working light in the back, but as far as I can tell they were never fitted with door switches. You have to turn the light on and off manually by pressing one end of the lens. Bit crap really.. One day I may get around to fitting door switches.

I still have the original light in back which is quite dim. Does anyone have any recommendations for anything better?

Fiat Scudo 2004 (54) 2.0 Jtd SX Dynamic Van

#4 2020-09-03 21:41:28

Casper

Just take a feed from the front door switch.

#5 2020-09-03 21:46:50

woodbine

Casper wrote:

As an aside, where are the front door switches? I've never seen them, but there must be some.

#6 2020-09-03 22:31:47

Paul71

Cheers for the info guys  smile

I'm confused as my rear light was fitted with the light and the wires going to it. I don't see any switches on my rear doors but the sliding doors have contacts near the bottom of the door.

What I need is to get a live feed into the back. I want to add an LED strip but I also need to add an on and off switch. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not possible to take a feed from the front interior light is it? My rear light would only work with the front doors open, even with a switch? Or am I confusing myself? Lol. Where is best to get a live feed? Some have gone from the battery but surely there is an easier route?

#7 2020-09-03 22:37:04

Casper

woodbine wrote:
Casper wrote:

As an aside, where are the front door switches? I've never seen them, but there must be some.

Not got a clue TBH never had a need to look for it but there will be one being a switch or magnetic what i presume the sliding door is.

#8 2020-09-03 22:40:45

Casper

Paul71 wrote:

Cheers for the info guys  smile

I'm confused as my rear light was fitted with the light and the wires going to it. I don't see any switches on my rear doors but the sliding doors have contacts near the bottom of the door.

What I need is to get a live feed into the back. I want to add an LED strip but I also need to add an on and off switch. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not possible to take a feed from the front interior light is it? My rear light would only work with the front doors open, even with a switch? Or am I confusing myself? Lol. Where is best to get a live feed? Some have gone from the battery but surely there is an easier route?

Open your interior front light to expose the wires. With the doors shut locate the feed wire. This will be the constant live so use a meter. That is the one you take a feed from so the feed wire direct to a switch then onto the light. Just put the light earth wire onto the van roof/side wherever you mount the strip light.

#9 2020-09-03 23:24:45

Paul71

Cheers, I'll have a look over the weekend.

#10 2020-09-05 01:16:19

kenbw2
Administrator

woodbine wrote:
Casper wrote:

sMvsdFA.jpg

It's worth noting that the switch switches the negative/ground.

From what I remember there's one positive in the light, and two negatives

Last edited by kenbw2 (2020-09-05 01:17:54)

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#11 2020-09-05 12:24:27

woodbine

kenbw2 wrote:
woodbine wrote:
Casper wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/sMvsdFA.jpg

It's worth noting that the switch switches the negative/ground.

From what I remember there's one positive in the light, and two negatives

Thanks for the pic, Ken. Strangely my 04 Scudo doesn't have switches there. Must be somewhere because the light comes on when the front doors are opened. Never been able to find them. Maybe it's witchcraft!   smile

#12 2022-12-11 15:48:45

Gastonnnnn!

Anyone every had to replace the switches my driver door one has stopped working.

Had a quick Google but didn't know if anyone had found some more like for like ones ?

#13 2022-12-11 19:28:01

OAT

If you can't find any in a scrappy, there are cheap universal ones available.

They should be fine as a switch, it's just a question of getting a good seal with the provided gasket.

#14 2022-12-12 22:28:13

Gastonnnnn!

Appreciated

Last edited by Gastonnnnn! (2022-12-12 22:28:37)

Board footer