The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-09 18:44:14

Kayekit

Van bed / storage box solution

Hi all, I’m doing some research into van bed boxes since the conversion I did on my scudo 2010.

After not finding many valid premade options, I designed and installed a pull out bed box that Sits closed between the wheel arches at 300mm tall by 1200mm long (opens to a small double bed).
The box pulls out using the interlocking slat method that you usually see sitting sideways in vans but won’t work in the scudo unless you plan to block off a door. The box also has storage underneath Accessible both on a pull out tray and internally by lifting the box on its gas strut bed lifting mechanisms.

Soo I’m basically looking to see if other people have been looking for similar solutions and if they would be interested if I redesigned my bed box into a commercial and purchasable kit..?

I have attached a picture of my prototype

3488CD02-7610-4249-93DE-BDEA8DB698B0.jpeg

#2 2020-09-09 20:45:11

OAT

Re: Van bed / storage box solution

Looks a lot neater than many home made versions I have seen.

Not in the market for one myself but would think that at the right price there might be takers.  Looks like you could easily adapt the side pieces to alow for fitting in different width and shape vans.  Problem might be to make it profitable yet still affordable.

What sort of ply have you used and what are the slats made from?

#3 2020-09-09 20:51:59

kenbw2

That looks absolutely gorgeous, I love how neat you've made it. Like OAT says, it's much nicer than any home made job I've seen.

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#4 2020-09-09 21:31:35

Kayekit

Thanks!
I have tried hard to keep it clean. Plan to remove the center of the roof lining too and install recessed cladding with an edge LED.
That’s exactly what I was thinking OAT, I have separated the bed and the boxes in the new design so the boxes can easily be modified per van.

I had this cnc’d from furniture grade birch ply for relatively cheep, but thinking about using a black melamine faced ply for the new one..
It would have to retail for £750 to £1000 though if I keep the heavy duty runners and locks. I don’t think that’s unreasonable compared to most other bed boxes. What do you think??

Board footer