The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-19 23:28:50

eddie78

Hi new member here

used to have a dispatch 1,9d about 15years ago and loved it she did 420k before I retired it,
my current van is berlingo 2.0hdi mk1 with only 173k runs like a dream, but needed something a bit bigger to fit my enduro bike in, so bought a 2002 Pug Expert 2.0hdi 139k,

Think I got a good bargain she was cheap due to needing general TLC and she had 2 major issues, main one been lots of black/grey smoke and no power and the power steering pump,   both which I have repaired, the smoke/power I fixed outside the sellers house, did the deal handed over my £190 I paid for the van popped the bonnet blanked the egr vac hose and drove home with full power and all smoke cleared after 1/2mile, power steering was due to no fluid the return line had a pin hole which I tig welded up,

The other issue was the non working speedo, odometer still working but no speed, fault was the little plastic shaft in speedo servo snapped repaired with a bit of 1mm steel rod, fiddly work but working now,

just need to keep working through the rest of the issues most of which should cost money just time

#2 2018-07-21 11:13:23

luthier

Re: new member

Welcome mate smile  nice one with the van, £190 and a cheap fix , win,win  big_smile

#3 2018-07-22 22:14:29

eddie78

The only real outstanding job is the n/s sill it has had 2 repairs and not done very tidy,

typical for one of these its rock solid everywhere bar these 2 sill repairs, If I never did anything with them it wouldnt matter but cosmectically it looks rubbish, so I will cut the repairs out and reweld properly fresh stone guard and paint on both sills,

Then the next jobs are to do a semi dayvan conversion I did this with my berlingo and was fantastic for fishing and weekend enduro events so hopefully with the extra room it will be even better, 

Fortunately I am a hoarder by nature and have caravan cushions, 2 ldv sliding windows for the side doors, etc... so I think the only real expense will be some insulation plyboard and vantrim

#4 2018-07-23 15:51:42

luthier

I'm a hoarder too mate lol, the wife hates it  big_smile   my expert van id a mini camper and i use it all the time for metal detecting and kayaking trips, I love it, just back this week from a wee trip in Scotland and heading off this week again lol, cant beat a bit of vanlife  cool

#5 2020-09-12 19:13:04

KenSL

eddie78 wrote:

Hi new member here

used to have a dispatch 1,9d about 15years ago and loved it she did 420k before I retired it,
my current van is berlingo 2.0hdi mk1 with only 173k runs like a dream, but needed something a bit bigger to fit my enduro bike in, so bought a 2002 Pug Expert 2.0hdi 139k,

Think I got a good bargain she was cheap due to needing general TLC and she had 2 major issues, main one been lots of black/grey smoke and no power and the power steering pump,   both which I have repaired, the smoke/power I fixed outside the sellers house, did the deal handed over my £190 I paid for the van popped the bonnet blanked the egr vac hose and drove home with full power and all smoke cleared after 1/2mile

Hi! Can you take pictures of the location of the vac hose(s)? Did you only block of one, or both- and in the case you blocked one- which one?

Kind regards, Kenneth

#6 2020-09-12 23:56:23

kenbw2

KenSL wrote:

Kenneth

Nothing to add to the thread, but holy crap another Kenneth! Hi!

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Board footer