The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-04 01:01:36

woodbine

How To Remove Headlights - 04 Facelift Model?

May have to change my headlights on 2004 model to ones for LHD vehicle to use in Europe. Need to know how to remove the headlights. Can see the top two bolts no problem, but does the bumper have to come off for the bottom bolt? If yes, how do I undo the bumper?

Thanks for any advice.

Fiat Scudo 2004 (54) 2.0 Jtd Dynamic Van

#2 2020-09-05 00:42:03

JohnDragonMan
Website

Re: How To Remove Headlights - 04 Facelift Model?

yeah the bumper has to come off..  the best way is to first undo the small 10mm bolt in the 1 o'clock mark of the drivers side wheel arch, then undo the wheel arch liners at the front. they are torques head screws,  you can pull that down a bit and get your hand up inside the wing under the headlight..  in there theres a 13mm nut that you can undo. make sure you have removed the grill first before attempting to pull the bumper off forwards.

its quite nice that 2x 13mm nuts and 2x 10mm bolts are all that hold the front bumper on.

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: There's always user serviceable parts inside. Molten metal "hot". In my defence, i was left unsupervised. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My Crazy Mk2 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#3 2020-09-05 12:28:23

woodbine

Great, thanks John. Knew you would come to the rescue. Pain having to take bumper off just for one headlight bolt. Got fogs in lower corners of bumper too, so will need to disconnect.

Oh well, as you say, only 4 nuts and bolts to worry about.

#4 2020-09-26 20:54:30

woodbine

I changed my headlights today - and what a faff (ie. having to remove whole bumper) for one 10mm bolt at the bottom of the headlight.    sad

Took off the n/s wheel to give extra room to work and found I didn't really need to so left the o/s wheel on. Nuts/bolts that I thought would be seized were ok, and one of the ones that i thought would be the easiest (one of the 2 nuts that hold the top of the rad grille on) was seized and took quite a bit of persuading. Because it screws into the slam panel which is a box section, I couldn't get any WD40 on the thread to help. Started pulling the bumper off then found it was still attached along it's bottom lip to the front crossmember with the cable ties I put on to stop it flapping around. Luckily I had my snips close to hand as I supported the weight of the bumper.

Thanks for your guide to removal, John. No real problems even if the washer resevoir makes it a bit tight to get the two 13mm nuts off on the o/s. Also I found a couple more bolts that hold the bumper on making it 8 in total. There's 2x torx head bolts that reveal themselves when the grille is off - between the headlights.

The only problem I have after fitting the Taiwanese looky-likey headlights from Germany concerns the adjuster motors. I turned the motors slightly to release them from the back of the headlight, then had to pull hard to get the ball on the actuating rod out of the slot where it moves the headlight up and down. But I can't get the ball to push into the slot on the new lights. I even tried turning the headlight adjuster up to the highest number to make the actuating rod stick out from the body of the motor, but it still wouldn't push in. Anyone have any experience with these?

Last edited by woodbine (2020-09-26 23:56:59)

Board footer