The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-06 18:40:51

vaz2121

Another Question about "RUSTY SILLS"

Lets face it Vans even though the investment that's needed for one they were envisaged and built to get worked to death ............ Not as a pride and joy

In the Great scheme of things Over-all I would say Corrosion Isn't always the biggest bugbear/plight of our vehicles like Some ...........
Undoutedly it needs to be checked for and kept in check ........... Just the same as and even ROLLS ROYCE PHANTOMS are made out of Tin........

It has been coming to the fore more often lately about Rust issues including my own having a new pair sills fitted............
I put this down to age and the fact of steamy boiled kettles ETC over all those years and the condesation it and our breath makes/has within .............
Especially when I was told it was rot from inside out and it appears I'm not the only one who has had the issue of the sills blistering.........

We all have seen some very Scabby and Not so old Sprinters, Transits, Etc........
Obviously a lot is down to it's Working and Living environment and useage put to.............

But Sprinters especially "God knows why along with VW's They command such an alleged value and following.........
"Sprinters"~ your advised to take off plastics (rubbing strips etc) and seal up all the poppers that hold them on ........
As it rains water runs down Van sides and leaks straight in past the plastics and down to the lowest cavity in vehicle..........
I watched one guy get something like 2 gallons of water out his van, But never heard a slosh or anything prior to this So was blissfully unaware.......

My question is "Are we suffering a similar plight" ..............
Or does it just come with the territory and age .......

#2 2020-11-06 20:21:09

dRoyd

Re: Another Question about "RUSTY SILLS"

“ But Sprinters especially "God knows why along with VW's They command such an alleged value and following.........”

Haha ... I had a VW T4. I thought it was great. Parts cost a bomb and it rusted away. But you know what, I much prefer my Peugeot 1.9D! Maybe tomorrow I’ll go and inspect the sills though!

Board footer