The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-08 18:55:27

pegasus447

Re decent mudflats for a Citroen Dispatch 2000.

Hi all. I am a Newby on here. Have enjoyed reading many of the topics.
I have a 2000, 1.9 Citroen Dispatch. It was converted by my father when he bought it new in 2000 and a fibreglass lifting lid added as well as swivelling front seats.
He decided to utilise the front seats for the beds and fitted two rear seats, that with a bit of fiddling match in with the front.
Probably not the most comfortable setup, but with some good foam works fine.
He also fitted a sink, with a foot pump and a cooker, plus a mini porta potty.
He did many trips away with it with my dear old Mum and sadly when he had a stroke a few years ago, could no longer drive it.
I took it on and have owned it since 2012.
I have enjoyed driving it, a bit gutless, but recently decided to buy a friends Vauxhall Vivaro van. Very tidy and with only 59,000 miles on it.
To cut a long story short. I sorned  the Dispatch and have been driving the Vivaro, with a view to convert it.
After several months, have decided I don’t like it. Have passed it onto another friend and have been tarting up my old friend the Dispatch.
Going back to the header, has anyone found any decent mudflaps for the 2000 model. I see some on EBay, but wondered if anyone has tried any and found them a good fit etc.
I would add a few piccies on here, but don’t seem to find a way to do that. ??
Cheers
Roly.

#2 2020-11-09 20:22:03

dRoyd

Re: Re decent mudflats for a Citroen Dispatch 2000.

Well I’m afraid I can’t comment on mudflaps but welcome to the forum!
As an aside, I drive a brand new Peugeot Partner for work but much prefer the comfort and feel of my old Expert!

#3 2020-11-09 21:05:37

pegasus447

Thanks for reply.
Yes they get to be an old friend for sure.
My old Dispatch is in a tidy condition and past it MOT last month with no advisory’s, so well pleased with that.
Will get the timing belt done and guess the water pump ? 80,000 miles now, so guess about time. This will be the second belt.
Just wondering how easy are the front disc pads to change. Have worked on disc brakes before, but not on the Dispatch. Think my pads are getting a bit near the bone ??
Cheers.

#4 2020-11-10 03:45:49

vaz2121

pegasus447 wrote:

Thanks for reply.
Yes they get to be an old friend for sure.
My old Dispatch is in a tidy condition and past it MOT last month with no advisory’s, so well pleased with that.
Will get the timing belt done and guess the water pump ? 80,000 miles now, so guess about time. This will be the second belt.
Just wondering how easy are the front disc pads to change. Have worked on disc brakes before, but not on the Dispatch. Think my pads are getting a bit near the bone ??
Cheers.

I had a full set of mudflap allround on mine but lost the front set when new sills were fitted a couple yrs ago........
According to the MOT man theres lots of Sh** being thrown up from my M+S tyres I've fitted ......
So bought a similar shaped pair {About 5 mm thick} from eB** called Uni-shield Mudflaps........
They sort of have a section that stick out a little more than wing a squareish section of flap with a locating tab on it to strengthen and mount flap on inner side............

mudflap.jpg
Not unlike these

As far as front disk brakes are concerned there just the same as a car .....
No different just the same to work on........... {Not out of the ordinary}

I replaced a sticky Caliper about 14 months ago and fitted new pads then also.........
Athough not an MOT advisory I was informed Disks were starting to get a lip forming on edge so I took the opportunity when offered to buy a set of disks which look no different to a reasonable size car set {will get fitted with new pads at some point} ...............

#5 2020-11-10 04:36:25

pegasus447

Thanks Vaz, just the feedback I was looking for.
Will have a look on EBay and go ahead with at least a pad change on the front.
Having seen the gearbox oil change, will have a go at that one too.
Thanks again.
p.s. how do you get photos to show up on the post page.
I can only get them to appear on my uploads under my username, but not appear on the post itself . ??

Board footer