The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-19 17:25:19

s1105117

Left rear door won't open!

Early mk1, poor battered old thing... the left rear door won't open. When I pull the handle the top bar seems to move but not the bottom.... is this a common fault and how do I f9x it?

Poor old van needs some tlc! Just bought it and think it's great!

#2 2020-11-19 22:04:34

dRoyd

Re: Left rear door won't open!

When my rear door doesn’t open it’s usually because it’s already slightly open, ie come off the catch somehow. If I give it a shove to close it properly it then opens easily. Whether yours is the same or not I don’t know!

#3 2020-11-20 01:56:06

OAT

Mine intermittently jams too.  I hardly use it but suspect as dRoyd says that it might be when one of the latches doesn't catch properly.  It might free if you can push the open one fully closed.  Or it could be that one of the pull rods has detatched.

As it has always surrendered with a bit of swearing and beating I haven't bothered investigating further.  It's  a system of pull rods inside that when stressed or distorted by one latch open when the other is latched, it can't pull properly on the latched one.

When I replaced my sliding door I refitted the lock from my old  door.  The pull rods attach to the back of the handle/lock assembly and it was a right pain attaching them.  There is no slack on the rods to withdraw them enough to hook them on.  I think I might have bent one of the rods in the struggle and it too now sticks if I don't ensure the rear latch catches.

#4 2020-11-20 03:23:28

JohnDragonMan
Website

from the inside you can take off the bar things using a 10mm. try adjusting them  they are designed to move on the bolt holes. other than that, a cable may have come off.

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#5 2020-11-20 09:23:59

Casper

Mine does nit even lock. I drop pin think moves but not enough no mater how much adjusting i do. Last van did it also so i binned that for a drop bolt. Doing the same with this van when i find the dam bolt what i know i have up the loft.

Board footer